Introducing Riley

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Riley is a whitefaced grey cockatiel assumed to be a female because she has bars on her tail feathers but we will know for sure once she has her first molt. She is about 4 weeks old and will be ready to come home in 2-4 weeks or so. I was able to spend an hour and a half with her. I started out with her on my shoulder and after a while set her on the ground to play with her clutch mates and after a while she would walk over to me and climb to my chest or shoulders this went on for a while. I even was able to pet and give her scratches on her head. She is the first bird to let me do this. At one point the breeders let out a linnie with them because he acted as though he really wanted out but soon started attacking the babies and was put back in his cage. However, when he went for Riley, she came to me instead of the breeders leading me to believe she chose me. Right before I left one of the ladies said it’s weird that she will look at me like look me in the face because she won’t do that with either of them. Anyways here are some pictures of Riley. (Her white face is more noticeable when your up close and personal.)

IMG_20140805_182401_788.jpg
IMG_20140805_182423_408.jpg
IMG_20140805_182432_001.jpg

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Thank you the last pic was difficult to get as her head was under my breast and my phone died immediately after the pic was taken so I was trying hard to get a good pic of her face and it wasn't easy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Riley is beautiful! I am so thrilled that it has worked out for you to get her:)

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Thanks you guys I'm looking forward to my next visit with her. And especially bringing her home she's so sweet and friendly.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Thanks guys I am missing her tonight. I know it sounds silly as I only met her once and she isn't ready to come home for a few more weeks. I am going to try to see her again on monday as the breeders are out of town for the weekend and I have monday off.

Most Reactions

Latest posts