Is this normal !?

Williamsong

Nov 19, 2014
South Beloit, Illinois
Parrots
Yellowsided Green Cheek Conure~ Baby/Blue Front Amazon~ Cookie/Timneh African Grey~ Dezi/Normal Green Cheek Conure~Petri
So since I have gotten baby she has been pooping and everything normally, but also right in the mornings baby always has a huge poop ! And I mean huge, like sometimes it's 4 inches ling and an inch wide when it falls right on my floor after she flies to see me in the morning. And she lands on the floor after she flies so it's not like it splatter from 4 feet above the ground. It's like when my old cockatiel was nesting and had huge poops but otherwise none of my other birds have done this. Is this normal ?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
If she holds her poop all night long, then yes, it's quite normal. Believe me, you do NOT wanna see my GW's first morning poop, or you'd run for the hills. :54:

OP
Williamsong

Williamsong

Nov 19, 2014
South Beloit, Illinois
Parrots
Yellowsided Green Cheek Conure~ Baby/Blue Front Amazon~ Cookie/Timneh African Grey~ Dezi/Normal Green Cheek Conure~Petri
If she holds her poop all night long, then yes, it's quite normal. Believe me, you do NOT wanna see my GW's first morning poop, or you'd run for the hills. :54:

I bet ! My BFA doesn't do that either he just has a bunch of normal poops throughout the night.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Both of my conures do a morning dump. Since my JoJo wont mess on you, he makes it clear, Do Not hug me in the morning!

Robin

Apr 26, 2014
Media
Mass.
Parrots
Sun Conure
I won't open the cage until the first big one is done! I talk and make lunches telling Braxy, go potty, and as soon as he does tell him he's a good boy. It's only been two weeks but he's almost potty trained. Everytime I see him go when he's on his cage, I tell him he's a good boy, it works. ps. when you don't see them go first thing, always check their cage for consistency, this is how I knew Robin was Sick!

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
Yep! we have the routine around here. I get Sheldon from his sleeping cage and hold him over a napkin. he asks "what are you doing" and I say "waiting for you to poop". then he can get on my shoulder. I've forgotten a couple times and he'll keeping asking "what are you doing" and then I'll realize I've forgot something when the giant crap hits the floor!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Totally normal! Parry does that all the time... yikes. :D

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
So since I have gotten baby she has been pooping and everything normally, but also right in the mornings baby always has a huge poop ! And I mean huge, like sometimes it's 4 inches ling and an inch wide when it falls right on my floor after she flies to see me in the morning. And she lands on the floor after she flies so it's not like it splatter from 4 feet above the ground. It's like when my old cockatiel was nesting and had huge poops but otherwise none of my other birds have done this. Is this normal ?

Yep....Normal.....You should see my Grey and Amazons in Morning...You'd think I had a donkey in the house. They hold it all nite supposedly.

Parrots do not like to (if they can help it) poop in their cage where they eat and sleep. And believe me, you'll be glad they poop outside it on paper or what have you as Cleaning it from inside cage is a chore in itself.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.

LOL....you don't want to hold mine either until they had their poo's....r you'll be swimming in it....!!! They poop like a donkey....!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
Yep! we have the routine around here. I get Sheldon from his sleeping cage and hold him over a napkin. he asks "what are you doing" and I say "waiting for you to poop". then he can get on my shoulder. I've forgotten a couple times and he'll keeping asking "what are you doing" and then I'll realize I've forgot something when the giant crap hits the floor!

My Grey Let's me know when he's done after being let out in Morning...

" Oi....Michael, poopie, ...good boy"

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Yep...morning poop! Cisco's is amazingly HUGE from such a little guy!! After being "christened" with it a couple times I've learned to watch and wait...

kalypso123

Aug 16, 2014
Media
Tallahassee, Florida
Parrots
Cockatiel- Kalypso
I wake Kalypso up then leave the room for a few minutes so she can perform her morning duties. I did not realize such a tiny bird could make all of that! Its completely normal.

Most Reactions

Latest posts