His beautiful transformation is awesome
Looking at the before and after pic's Tab you have performed a miracle
You have had patience, shown love and affection each and every day
I am so proud of you Tab

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Can you imagine how happy Fargo must be, sharing such a wonderful year with his best mate? Hope all the future years are as happy as this one! Congratulations to both of you! :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Love Fargo! I love seeing his transformation.

...secretly was hoping he was THE (Douglas) Fargo :D My husband named his dog Teasa (Tessa, he misspelled it, which made me giggle so I kept it) after I think some geeky girl in Eureka, Warehouse 9, or something like that :p

HAHAHA Yes!!! The Douglas Fargo!! I absolutely love Eureka.. Was heartbroken when it was cancelled.. But i had the name Fargo picked out before i even found a macaw, hence i only wanted a boy.. So i could call him Fargo Douglas Brown ;) Fargo was such a cutie in the show, so clever but innocent, so just like my little Fargo!

Thank you!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I just love seeing how far you and Fargo have come :D
But its shocking to see how his feathers were D: They were in such a bad condition D:
You two were meant to be together :D

Thank you!! :D

I know right!!! To me, the colours actually just seem off? Like they are shiny, but not quite right? :20:

Love comparing the pictures and seeing how i have made him so much healthier and happier :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Happy Anniversary Tab and Fargo!!!!!! I loved all the pictures girly! I wish you many more happy years!!!!!

Thank you!! hehe

Yes many many years.. Hopefully when i am 90 years old Fargo will still be climbing around ;) We might both have walking sticks though :09:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Congrats to you both
Fargo sure has come a long way
His beautiful transformation is awesome
Looking at the before and after pic's Tab you have performed a miracle
You have had patience, shown love and affection each and every day
I am so proud of you Tab

Thank you sooo much Ant!!! :rolleyes:

It was a beautiful transformation right, I am so proud of everything he has done in the past year!

Just shows what love and affection can do to a bird!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Can you imagine how happy Fargo must be, sharing such a wonderful year with his best mate? Hope all the future years are as happy as this one! Congratulations to both of you! :)

Hahaha Well i hope i am his best friend, maybe he is just putting up with me ;)

Not quite sure this past year has been the best.. ;) This past year has probably been one of the worst years (Have a funny story for you tonight... Involves an insane horse i went to ride, ended up everyone wanting me to go to hospital, but i had to get home to feed Fargo dinner HAHAHA)
Yes, Fargo is always my number 1 priority.. I put him before me, probably care about him way too much.. ;)

But Fargo has ALWAYS been there for me, he has made me happy when im sad.. When im crying he will come and roll around and get tickles and just makes me so happy.. and for that i can not thank him enough..
He is truly one of a kind!

Thank you!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a wonderful trip down memory lane. Gosh, I can't believe it's been a year. :)

I am THRILLED you included a picture with the entire Tab! :D

Love each and every picture!!!

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw
Absolutely beautiful story and pictures. You can see him transforming and opening up to you. You are both so very lucky to have found each other!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you both :D

One thing that i am glad of, is the THOUSANDS of photos i have taken of Fargo since day one.. I have taken a photo of him every single day.. So its good to look back and see each stage we went through !

I truly think getting Fargo was fate, how he was already sold (twice) and yet i still got him... Think the universe knew that we needed each other...

and even though it didn't seem like it at first, but we were truly meant for each other.. We just suit each other perfectly hehe :)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
You were meant for each other, there is no doubt! :D What a transformation, indeed! You've done a wonderful job with him. And I know you have many more years of adventures ahead! Congrats on a job well done!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I am so happy for the both of you!
you were meant to be together,and it really is incredible how he has changed.

I'd like to hear how you came to find him from that breeder, how you searched and found him, and if you had any pictures at the breeders etc.....

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Amazing bond! The love you share for one another is so obvious!! I wish you both many more years of happiness!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I am so happy for the both of you!
you were meant to be together,and it really is incredible how he has changed.

I'd like to hear how you came to find him from that breeder, how you searched and found him, and if you had any pictures at the breeders etc.....

Thank you!!

So the story was!! We were trying to find a macaw breeder, could only find i think 2 or 3 professional breeders in all of queensland! So called them up, and NONE of them had boys for sale.... only girls

We went down to Perky Parrots the beginning of July or end of June, i cant remember, and we had a tour, met the macaws, and they were all friendly.. This girl loved me, she sat with me for over an hour giving kisses!

and i said, i only want a boy :/

The breeders said they had 2 boys for sale, one is already gone, and the other is already sold TWICE... So if that person pulled out of the deal, then the next person would get him..
The lady said 'He is a bit of a feral anyway haha'

So i had no idea what to do... I liked the girl, but i only wanted a boy, and if im choosing a life time companion, you should get exactly what you want!!

Then the breeders said there was an egg which was hatching, so we said awesome, if that is a boy, then we will have him!!!

Got baby updates every day haha and then DNA got back...

ANOTHER girl... I was so disappointed..

Next minute, i get an email
'The boy is back for sale!!!'

This was end of July!

So that weekend we went down to see him.. I had no idea which was him..

The lady said he is the one in the corner by himself.. hahaha

Got him out.. He flew away..
Breeder trying to catch him and he is like gooo awayyyy

So we got him out (like in the first pictures)

Stayed for about 3 hours..

The whole time, the breeder was like, look at this girl!! She is SO sweet, you should get her hahahaha

and i just kept saying no... i want the boy!!!

Then put him away.. This is actually one of my favourite photos.. I stood watching him.. and he stood watching me... He was summing me up i think.. We honestly stood looking at each other for about 3 minutes straight..

Then all these other macaws were like play with me!! and Fargo flew away to the other side and sat by himself again..
They were all so friendly haha

The breeder STILL said i shouldnt choose him, and just get the friendly girls, because i was 'inexperienced'

They had given him the nickname Feral hahaha

But, my mind was set.. I wanted Fargo... So after 2 months wait, i got him!

And, the thing is, all the girls, were friendly with everyone... So even though it seemed like they liked me and had an instant bond with me, they had an instant bond with EVERYONE...

Which i think is actually the reason i loved Fargo instantly... Because he didn't like anyone... So i knew that if he DID like me, it would mean something special? Not just the fact that he likes everyone? If that makes sense

Last edited:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
That TOTALLY make sense Tab! I think just like that too!! LOL. If a bird likes everyone, how do you know that what you have is special???

You made the right choice, I would have done the same. Well I did sorta do the same. I bought a wild caught Grey from a pet store because I knew that nobody would buy him. He would growl (scared) and never would come close to anyone. He had been there for a few years sharing a windowless room with rodents. He had been a breeder for years and was old, so the breeder got rid of him. I took him in and after 1 year he wasn't scared of me or my family so much, took food from our hands. However, he remained wild and I found a home for him in Arizona where he would have a huge outdoor aviary (He wasn't a home pet), with trees to climb and automatic shower etc. and even a girlfriend! (my tame Grey was petrified of him ahah). I didn't ask a re-homing fee, however, I had done my research and knew that the person I chose to watch after him had the perfect set up for him to live a happy life. She accepted to take him in. He wasn't cheap (he was a red factor to boot), but he was worth it! I could have never tamed him, but I know that he is happy :).....

Well my story is only similar to yours in the fact that everyone told me not to get him..... Fargo comes from a good background and found the perfect companion in you! LOL

Last edited:

mdmarley

Mar 1, 2013
maryland
Parrots
yellow nape amazon - Marley;
catalina macaw - Dallas
Wow....that is one lucky Macaw....what a great life he has!!
Great job with him!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That TOTALLY make sense Tab! I think just like that too!! LOL. If a bird likes everyone, how do you know that what you have is special???

You made the right choice, I would have done the same. Well I did sorta do the same. I bought a wild caught Grey from a pet store because I knew that nobody would buy him. He would growl (scared) and never would come close to anyone. He had been there for a few years sharing a windowless room with rodents. He had been a breeder for years and was old, so the breeder got rid of him. I took him in and after 1 year he wasn't scared of me or my family so much, took food from our hands. However, he remained wild and I found a home for him in Arizona where he would have a huge outdoor aviary (He wasn't a home pet), with trees to climb and automatic shower etc. and even a girlfriend! (my tame Grey was petrified of him ahah). I didn't ask a re-homing fee, however, I had done my research and knew that the person I chose to watch after him had the perfect set up for him to live a happy life. She accepted to take him in. He wasn't cheap (he was a red factor to boot), but he was worth it! I could have never tamed him, but I know that he is happy :).....

Well my story is only similar to yours in the fact that everyone told me not to get him..... Fargo comes from a good background and found the perfect companion in you! LOL

Thats exactly right!!!! Glad you understand haha

I think they hold out on their love for someone special! :rolleyes:

Oh wow, that is incredible!! Thank you so much for doing that for the grey, he deserved it! You truly made his life so much better and helping him find the forever home! He would be so much happier now!

The weird thing is Fargo is very confident and social with everyone now.. Like at first he hated anyone... and now he loves everyone :09:

What i love the most is how he was so independent from day one, he was always by himself, and he was the ONLY macaw that i never ever heard scream down at the breeders.. All the other macaws would carry on and Fargo sat quietly!!

I only heard him first scream maybe a week or 2 after i got him home!

Because i was like ok.. i am ready to be woken up by screams at 6am!! ;)

And to this day, Fargo has never made a single noise in the mornings :20:

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Happy Anniversary Fargo &Tab!

Thanks for taking us all down memory lane with all the great photos. I'm sure it was just an oversight, but you forgot to include any photos of the snake or that huge tree Fargo flew up on. :D

Tab, you have an amazing bond with Fargo and I always look forward to reading your post. Thanks for sharing!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Happy Anniversary Fargo &Tab!

Thanks for taking us all down memory lane with all the great photos. I'm sure it was just an oversight, but you forgot to include any photos of the snake or that huge tree Fargo flew up on. :D

Tab, you have an amazing bond with Fargo and I always look forward to reading your post. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!!! :eek:

HAHAHA Well you see, i am trying to erase those memories, just pretending like they didnt happen ;) :09:

I still have fears about snakes though! Especially since i have the baby possum now, and apparently they attract snakes... and all winter my window was closed, and now its getting hot into spring, so my windows are being opened, and i am just paranoid about another snake, even though there are no holes anymore! :31:

and i have the replacement flight line..... got it about 2 weeks ago... have i tried it out yet? NOPE :rolleyes: Maybe this weekend hehe

Hey you and Skittles have come along way already! You will have a strong bond in no time! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts