It has been 1 year for me and Fargo!

csperkins3

Jun 20, 2013
Arizona
Parrots
Ozzy - CAG (born April 2010)

Bubbles - B&G Macaw (born Jan. 2012)
I love all the pictures. You have had quite the journey and he is thriving now. You have done a really great job with him. He looks great.

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Thanks for showing the photos Tab and letting us in on the journey of you two. His feathers are a lot better. I was surprised to see how his feathers use to be. I am surprised about how you described how Fargo was like at first. I personally never seen a bird like that but I also am surprised about those female macaws behavior. Captain Jack will step up on other peoples hands but he act like he is doing them a favor and tolerating them. He never gives my mom a kiss or acts like he wants to be around her.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Thanks everyone!

I am so happy to see how he has changed, and to think he could of just been in an aviary for the rest of his life as a breeder, because he wouldnt make a good pet right!!!

Abigal, i guess he was housed with alot of other macaws, so they all picked on each other and messed around, so his feathers were bad? and they never had a shower, so i guess thats why!!

I kinda love that he wasnt a super cuddly baby like most..

You know how they say- as babies they are just sooo cuddly...

And Fargo never was that.. for about 6 months he would sleep on my lap..

And each day, he gets cuddlier and cuddlier than he was before!!

So i guess thats a plus ! :p

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I know it has been ages since this post went up / is there a sequel?

Really interested to find out if the special bond survived puberty (the birds), college-years (the human) etc..

(most vets I know have absolutely no time to spare for time-heavy and demanding pets in their lives, but there might be an exception here...)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
I can confirm this special bond is still as special. Tab and I regularly talk and Fargo is as gorgeous as he was then.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
That is wonderful news \o/
Thank you.

Almost anyone can deal with a mallable baby-bird (propperly weaned) but once they get to be that 'difficult age' they often end up all over the craighslists of this planet.
I am so glad to hear these 2 made it :)

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
Thanks for the rebump. cool story.. What seems strange to me is the number of thank yous then.... compared to almost no macaw thank yous today.

Most Reactions