Its all fun and games until the line breaks.

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Just think if there would of be no more Fargo stories ever!! What would the forum do!! hehe ;)

Yes, that was my biggest concern. In time, I knew you would be OK, you are strong. But what about those of us that live for Fargo stories...

Kidding aside, I was holding my breath as I read your story. I'm so happy and relieved that you both made it out with just a few scratches. There is no way I would have handled it as well as you did. Great job with the rescue!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Being on the other end of a defective product (I work at a shop and we resell products), it's a pain in the butt when a customer returns something and says it's defective and you try and duplicate the issue and can't! Especially when you've sold many of the same items before to other customers and there have been no complaints! We've also had customers buy something from us, then "return" said product saying it doesn't work and we get back something we've never sold. It's frustrating dealing with these people!

I'm glad that the company was at least able to duplicate the issue and is willing to not only refund your money but give you a free replacement! That, to me, speaks highly of them!

Shayne

Jan 9, 2013
So glad your both OK! The thread title got me worried.

Can you post a picture of the bottom half of the tree please. I can't believe how you got up if its 4 meters down from your other photo. Has Fargo been giving you flying lessons?

I would definitely strength test the new one before you use it though. I highly doubt their quality control checks every one they sell.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
I just want to keep cuddling him and making sure he is ok, and all the things he does which annoys me, i am loving, like i was vacuuming, and he flew onto my shoulder, and i usually hate when he does that, cause im trying to clean, and i was just so glad that he was there, because for that brief moment, he couldnt of been there?

and usually Fargo isnt the clingy type, 30 minutes to an hour he would spend actually with me, and the past 3 days he has been really clingy! Wanted to sit on my chair or shoulder all the time, and i was just like dude give me a break!! :p
and this afternoon i was like god, how could i want him not to be with me.. :eek:

Its hard to explain, just like almost losing him has made me want to keep him closer, i cant even begin to think what i would of done if i hadnt got him back..

With me being ill, I've considered a ton of times if I should get rid of Merlin. Then I go for a walk in the park, sit by the tree he got stuck up in and remember how I felt when I thought he wouldn't be coming home with me... I go home with a smile on my face and recall all the things that I love so much about him and how I couldn't even think of parting with him now.

So yeah, each time I get cranky, I appreciate that I almost didn't get him back and it makes me appreciate him that bit more.

So glad you got Fargo back Tab, although I half expected him to make his way down to you because we all know how much Fargo loves you. I'm sure he wanted to :) Hope you're not too sore because of it and I'm sure you wont take him for granted any more! (Not saying you do, but yknow!)

I think it's stupid of them to have changed suppliers, why mess with perfection? If it was working, and rigorously tested and foolproof etc, why change it? Money I bet :rolleyes:.

Glad you're both okay asides from a few bruises and such! xx

Yes thats exactly how i feel!!! :)

Thank you!

Hahahahah Gee, maybe all along Fargo has just been pretending to love me, and yesterday he thought yes!! I can FINALLY get away from her, she is evil! ;) hahaha

Yes no idea why they would change manufacturers.. Very silly.. Why fix something if it aint broke!! haha

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Just think if there would of be no more Fargo stories ever!! What would the forum do!! hehe ;)

Yes, that was my biggest concern. In time, I knew you would be OK, you are strong. But what about those of us that live for Fargo stories...

Kidding aside, I was holding my breath as I read your story. I'm so happy and relieved that you both made it out with just a few scratches. There is no way I would have handled it as well as you did. Great job with the rescue!

HAHAHA :p Everyone might as well just not come onto the forum anymore ;)

Thank you!! I think i should get some kind of hero award right :rolleyes:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Being on the other end of a defective product (I work at a shop and we resell products), it's a pain in the butt when a customer returns something and says it's defective and you try and duplicate the issue and can't! Especially when you've sold many of the same items before to other customers and there have been no complaints! We've also had customers buy something from us, then "return" said product saying it doesn't work and we get back something we've never sold. It's frustrating dealing with these people!

I'm glad that the company was at least able to duplicate the issue and is willing to not only refund your money but give you a free replacement! That, to me, speaks highly of them!

Well obviously they know they are at fault, after figuring out the situation and could duplicate the result, so i am glad they have given me a refund AND another product.. It is a huge risk and very unsafe, and they know they are in the wrong.. ;)

I think at first they thought i must of accidentally cut it or Fargo bit into it, but then they did the test on the newer version and, ta daaaaa!!

So glad its all sorted.. at least fargo can get 50 dollars worth of new toys for his upsetting adventure hahaha

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
So glad your both OK! The thread title got me worried.

Can you post a picture of the bottom half of the tree please. I can't believe how you got up if its 4 meters down from your other photo. Has Fargo been giving you flying lessons?

I would definitely strength test the new one before you use it though. I highly doubt their quality control checks every one they sell.

Thank you!!

Definitely, will get pictures and measure it for you later today, i am 178cm and i couldnt reach it with my hands, was no where close!!

You see, when i was younger, me and my brother used to video ourselves doing our own 'Ripleys believe it or not' HAHAHA

I jumped from the verandah of a 2 story house... Just to show how amazing i was, and always used to jump of big cargo containers...

So i guess i was always a good jumper! :09:

Yes i will be doing alot of tests with the new line when it comes!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Tab, you possibly have just saved another birds life, and an owners dismay for loosing yet another pet(family member)

hopefully the company will stop selling them due to it being defective.

haleybird

Mar 1, 2013
california
Parrots
someday very soon a hyacinth! :)
When I first saw the title of this thread, my stomach totally flip flopped... I am SO glad you and Fargo are okay!! What a terrifying experience that must have been, but you knew how to handle it in order to save him! I hope that company thinks long and hard about changing up manufacturers like that...because if Fargo had been lost due to them cutting corners...I think they might just have Tab + an entire forum after them....and Crimson is right, you've probably saved a lot of other fids from this happening.

Okay so I hope you have awesome, relatively adventure free Friday! ;)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
OMG! Sooo glad everyone's ok! The title scared me for a bit. ;) That was really nice of the manufacturer too. Geez I don't what to say, but yay! Everyone's okay! :D :p

diadins

Jul 10, 2013
WI
Parrots
Sun Conure-Iris
Omgoodness! I totally feel for you. My first sun conure I had got out and flew up a 60 foot tree, nearly to the top. We had to get a huge ladder and rig up a contraption from a broom, and fish net as well as harness in in order to get him down. It was terrible! It was drizzling and it took 4 hours! It was the best feeling ever when we retrieved him and he was absolutely thrilled and I think relieved when he was safe back in my arms.

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Oh gosh Tab! I'm so glad you got him back! I would die for you if anything every happened to him. I'm sure your super sore. I hope you and Fargo are relaxing. Take care sweet girl!

Mama4life

Aug 11, 2013
Cocoa, FL
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw ~ Boo &
African Grey Congo ~ Rivor
Wow, Tab... I am in tears! my chest is still hurting from reading your story! I was freaking out! Thank Jehovah you both are okay! Wow, I think I would have panicked.... Way to go girl! I love keeping up with Fargo and your stories! I honestly look to your posts for guidance and uplifting. You give me the will power I need to keep going with my babies! I've thought so many times to stop rescuing because so many things like this could happen, or worse... But your happy endings and your photos and fun you post just make my heart melt. Makes me feel funny to be looking up to someone that is 7-8 yrs younger than myself. Your an amazing young woman. Kudos!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
OMG! So glad you got him back and the company is making a mends!

Last edited:
OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Omgoodness! I totally feel for you. My first sun conure I had got out and flew up a 60 foot tree, nearly to the top. We had to get a huge ladder and rig up a contraption from a broom, and fish net as well as harness in in order to get him down. It was terrible! It was drizzling and it took 4 hours! It was the best feeling ever when we retrieved him and he was absolutely thrilled and I think relieved when he was safe back in my arms.

Oh wow!!! That sounds like a horrible day! So glad you got him back!
It feels like your heart has broken when you see them flying away, but when you get them back in your arms, no words can describe the feeling!

So glad it wasnt raining for us, just very windy !

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sorry guys!! Have been very busy the past few days, which meant Fargo got to have a relaxing, non adventurous few days hahaha :rolleyes:

Fargo is all happy like usual, i am still a bit scratched up

Got him a present on saturday, which he LOVES, just a big hoop, he sits there, hangs upside down, flaps and makes it spin haha Have just got it near the gym at the moment, need to hang it above the net!
But its definitely his new favourite spot!

and yesterday he was in the BEST mood ever, started out in the morning when he came and crawled under the covers in bed and just lay there, then at lunch time we had another big play on the bed and he was just flopping upside down each time, was in a very playful sweet mood!

Thank you all soooo much for your kind words, i am sure Fargo feels very special that people around the world care about him as much as i do! :rolleyes:

I have taken him out on his harness, just to get fresh air and sunlight, just wont be able to do some flying for a while! hahaa

Oh and! He got a 25 dollar coupon for a bird store in Australia, so he can have another present now! hehe

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Wow, Tab... I am in tears! my chest is still hurting from reading your story! I was freaking out! Thank Jehovah you both are okay! Wow, I think I would have panicked.... Way to go girl! I love keeping up with Fargo and your stories! I honestly look to your posts for guidance and uplifting. You give me the will power I need to keep going with my babies! I've thought so many times to stop rescuing because so many things like this could happen, or worse... But your happy endings and your photos and fun you post just make my heart melt. Makes me feel funny to be looking up to someone that is 7-8 yrs younger than myself. Your an amazing young woman. Kudos!

Thank you so much! That means the world to me!!!! :eek:

I think everyone believes they would of panicked and freaked out, but when it actually happens, you get the adrenaline, and you get this determination which says you WILL find a way to get them back, and you do everything in your power to reach them! :rolleyes:

Thank you, i dont have anywhere near as much as experience as alot of macaw owners on here, I have only had Fargo for almost a year now, but i love sharing Fargo's stories and pictures, it just shows everyone what an amazing friend you can have if you get that special bond (which Fargo and i did not have when i first got him haha)..

Thank you again!! :)

Mama4life

Aug 11, 2013
Cocoa, FL
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw ~ Boo &
African Grey Congo ~ Rivor
Believe it or not, Boo is my first large parrot! Much like you mentioned we didnt have that bond at first. We do now! I do need to spend more time with him and Rivor though... I'd love to learn how you taught Fargo those tricks! He has beautiful feathers too... how often does he get a bath?

Most Reactions