Not open for further replies.
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just for fun:

Jacob's first time meeting another macaw other than his parents and siblings when he was born. Her name is Simon, yes it is indeed a Simon that is also a she. She was never sexed and laid an egg at around 20 years old. Jacob enjoyed his time with her. Simon is on the left and Jacob is on the right, as you can see Jacob was just a youngling.
SkHQ4y9.jpg

Beautiful Simon vs Simon! Love the pose on separate stools!

New member here:

A recent short video clip -- not a photo -- of my parrotlet, Garbonzo, in his "happy place" -- an empty, mid-size vitamin jar! (from my Facebook page)

https://tinyurl.com/rz4by7ahttps://tinyurl.com/rz4by7a

Cute video, nice and cozy!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

*~ JUST for FUN ~*

:) Levi’s gingerly first attempt to try out his new and cool purple Hoot N Holler toy. :)

VAOKysr.jpg

Was Levi gentle, did the toy survive?

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Yes and still is. For some reason he is very cautious with this toy. I haven't figured out why? It is such a cool toy. :D

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
My official entry
Gemma just realising that the new year has come, she looks back at the past. I have lots of new tricks for her to learn and... fix, a few of them have gone a bit sloppy. Sometimes she doesn’t understand what I am trying to cue her or she just doesn’t do it right! Well this is the time to perfect things and start the new year right.
gemster-albums-gemma-picture22116-gemma-reflection-mirror-black-background.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
***Just for fun***
Gonzo casting daggers of rage at the mysterious pellets invading his food dish. This was during his conversion to Harrison's from Zupreem and seed. Change was successful within two weeks!
8B1l7mG.jpg

LOL! OMG Gonzo!!!! Those EYES!!! I've seen Amy's eyes doing "interesting" things..but geeez..Gonzo has him beat by a mile! Awesome picture Scott!!!
It looks exactly like he is saying " WTH are those things????"

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Each month the topics/photo's/vid's get more and more interesting. ALL of these photo's are priceless :04: It gets harder and harder every month to choose!

Jim

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

My official entry
Gemma just realising that the new year has come, she looks back at the past. I have lots of new tricks for her to learn and... fix, a few of them have gone a bit sloppy. Sometimes she doesn’t understand what I am trying to cue her or she just doesn’t do it right! Well this is the time to perfect things and start the new year right.

Gorgeous, reminds me of a fine oil painting!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Yes and still is. For some reason he is very cautious with this toy. I haven't figured out why? It is such a cool toy. :D

Tammerzz..what IS a hoot 'n holler toy? Does it make any noise besides maybe bellz? Where'd ja get it? Maybe Amy would groove on one?

Jim

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Isn't this just like any human kid? New toys and goodies, and they go right for the bag or box! Foolish girl :) Official entry.

vtlRgp5.jpg

Not sure why it's sideways. Tried to rotate it, and still posted sideways. Hmmm. Perhaps one of the nice Mods can help me out with that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just for fun: Checking out the new digs with previously mentioned new toys. My kids got me the new cage for Baxter for Christmas. I was worried she might be a little intimidated by it, but NO! She climbed right in as soon as I put it together and washed it down. Still working on new perches and toys to fill it up, it's enormous! My girl is SOOOOOO HAPPY.

m5RkW2a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Isn't this just like any human kid? New toys and goodies, and they go right for the bag or box! Foolish girl :) Official entry.

29f643a2d9a6e85672024f9e862bca2b.jpg

Casting a questioning but trustful glance above. My new nestbox??

Just for fun: Checking out the new digs with previously mentioned new toys. My kids got me the new cage for Baxter for Christmas. I was worried she might be a little intimidated by it, but NO! She climbed right in as soon as I put it together and washed it down. Still working on new perches and toys to fill it up, it's enormous! My girl is SOOOOOO HAPPY.

a4f8273450bb95e010734ea998e0116f.jpg

Phenomenal new cage, er, palace!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

Tammerzz..what IS a hoot 'n holler toy? Does it make any noise besides maybe bellz? Where'd ja get it? Maybe Amy would groove on one?

Jim

Hi Jim 👋🏻

It is a toy from one of our Supporting Vendors - http://www.parrotforums.com/hoot-n-holler-bird-toys/83623-exciting-news-new-website.html

She makes well-made gorgeous toys. :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

a4f8273450bb95e010734ea998e0116f.jpg
That is a Goliath cage!!! Wow!!!! Just wow!!! What a nice gift for you both! A skyscraper!!!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
***Just for fun***
Gonzo casting daggers of rage at the mysterious pellets invading his food dish. This was during his conversion to Harrison's from Zupreem and seed. Change was successful within two weeks!
8B1l7mG.jpg

Scott, this is hilarious! That facial expression is priceless! I can almost hear him: "Oh, no he DIDN'T!"

Just for FUN~ ^_^

Kise's feeling: New Year??? Mom is buying a new Condo and will be moving soon... She told me that it's very nice and have sunlight for me to see the outside while she is at work. I have not get to see the new place yet. So... I am waiting...........

2359163.jpeg

Look at sweet Kise! Beautiful as always! And congratulations on your new home! I hope Her Majesty approves!

Just for fun:

Jacob's first time meeting another macaw other than his parents and siblings when he was born. Her name is Simon, yes it is indeed a Simon that is also a she. She was never sexed and laid an egg at around 20 years old. Jacob enjoyed his time with her. Simon is on the left and Jacob is on the right, as you can see Jacob was just a youngling.
SkHQ4y9.jpg

Jacob was just a youngling, but he already had game! Check him out laying down the charm! Most impressive, Sir Jacob!

*~ JUST for FUN ~*

Ha! my man Jacob had game right out the box, huh? Look at that sweet talker in action! Most impressive!

:) Levi’s gingerly first attempt to try out his new and cool purple Hoot N Holler toy. :)

VAOKysr.jpg

Levi takes better care of his toys than my kids do! I'm sending them over for tips.

And his plumage is flawless!

New member here:

A recent short video clip -- not a photo -- of my parrotlet, Garbonzo, in his "happy place" -- an empty, mid-size vitamin jar! (from my Facebook page)

https://tinyurl.com/rz4by7a

Garbonzo is looking happy and very much at home! Sweet lil' guy!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
My official entry

Loving Gemma's moment of introspection, here. Looking at the girl in the mirror. The New Year is just the right time for fresh starts.

vtlRgp5.jpg

Not sure why it's sideways. Tried to rotate it, and still posted sideways. Hmmm. Perhaps one of the nice Mods can help me out with that?

Hahahahaha! took care of the rotation issue with both pics, my friend. No worries! And yes! That is something kids and parrots definitely share in common! Toys? Goodies? Pfft! Gimme the box, bag and wrapping! I love it!

m5RkW2a.jpg

Lucky Baxter! That cage is huge! Talk about an upgrade! Of course she wanted right in!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

That's not a mansion that's a castle! :eek:

Jim

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
So many inspirational entries. I finally found one that I hope can stand up. From the Bird's latest Youtube selections.......................
I give you the Bird's 2020 resolutions, as channeled by my gullible
clairvoyant/conurevoyant missus.
NO, I don't believe him. Do you?

Thanks, Scott, my brother, for another opportunity to expose my long-suffering marital persecution.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WP4O3TaM90&feature=youtu.be"]"I, the RB, will BE QUIETER and not wake you up with bell! HAPPY 2020! Believe me, right?" - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

So many inspirational entries. I finally found one that I hope can stand up. From the Bird's latest Youtube selections.......................
I give you the Bird's 2020 resolutions, as channeled by my gullible
clairvoyant/conurevoyant missus.
NO, I don't believe him. Do you?

Thanks, Scott, my brother, for another opportunity to expose my long-suffering marital persecution.

"I, the RB, will BE QUIETER and not wake you up with bell! HAPPY 2020! Believe me, right?" - YouTube

Hilarious and a bit eerie. Dim lighting, bell ringing, and Rb's maniacal shrieks evoke an ancient Druid sacrificial ritual. Watch your back, Kirby! :D

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ask not for whom the bell tolls Rival, it tolls for thee!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I BELIEVE HIM!

All these darling birds... trying their best just to get along in a big human-centric bell-tolling hoot-hollerin' world ...
Thank you, Scott, for a chance to cheer them all on in a brave new 2020! You're rockin' the POTM as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions