January POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I, Gilbert Oliver, resolve to eat all the delicious, nutritious snacks my mom provides, and to stop flying to her candy dish stealing mints. (She keeps taking them away from me....and then she eats them! That's messed up!)
10906067_10152975665739707_6664435735831453593_n.jpg

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
He is gorgeous! And so intent on his ill gotten mint! Then you take it and eat it in front of him! LOL :eek:

Yes having said it in print, I realize how messed up that must seem to him. Last night, he flew back to the dish like "hahaha, gotcha sucker!" only to realize I had emptied it. He licked a little crumb out of spite. haha

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Does anyone else see the longing in those little eyes. It is almost as if he is looking at the best prize he has ever seen! Poor Gilbert, and then to see it disappearing into your mouth! Have you no shame? Lol!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That look on Gilbert's face is precious!!! Bless his heart, it's like he's holding the Holy Grail:)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
You've never seen chicken eggs either?
Oh sure, I was engaging in hyperbole. I had chickens and I've eaten quail eggs and I've seen bird eggs in the wild from time to time. What I meant was I wouldn't know whether that was the size of egg from a parrot, which is what I'd assume it was. A parrot, gazing lovingly at her soon-to-be chick. :D

sjaine

Jan 11, 2015
Parrots
A Jenday Conure (And two parakeets)
tumblr_ni4mdiFemF1rp75myo2_400.jpg

I resolve to try and look at things from a different perspective!

Shellby5

Jan 16, 2015
Media
Parrots
One Bossy Green Cheek Conure (Athena)
Mom says she'll teach me to drive when I'm older, but I think I'm ready now. What do you guys think?
:jumping40

Attachments

• AthenaDrive.jpg
    AthenaDrive.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 144

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)
Mom says she'll teach me to drive when I'm older, but I think I'm ready now. What do you guys think?
Yeah Right! Thats like saying "Im going to stop trying to steal everything you touch"

Shellby5

Jan 16, 2015
Media
Parrots
One Bossy Green Cheek Conure (Athena)
Yeah Right! Thats like saying "Im going to stop trying to steal everything you touch"

That's not likely to happen! *facepalm* I had no idea conures could be so bossy. No one warned me about that possible trait! Haha! ^-^

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

That's not likely to happen! *facepalm* I had no idea conures could be so bossy. No one warned me about that possible trait! Haha! ^-^

"Shrunken macaw." Same behaviors, smaller scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts