January POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Yeah Right! Thats like saying "Im going to stop trying to steal everything you touch"

That's not likely to happen! *facepalm* I had no idea conures could be so bossy. No one warned me about that possible trait! Haha! ^-^

"Shrunken macaw." Same behaviors, smaller scale.

Is THAT whats up with Pumpkin? Haha he is crazy bossy, he gets into these little birdy, BIG ATTITUDE moods!

teflondon

Jan 16, 2015
Nigeria
Parrots
Senegal parrot
Lovebirds
my lovebird enjoying music

Attachments

• IMG-20140121-00075.jpg
    IMG-20140121-00075.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 136

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
my lovebird enjoying music

That's either an extraordinarily well-behaved bird, or you're shopping for a new keyboard as I type this. Hahaha!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
2015 is the year I will try new foods!

E87LsxV.jpg

Wow, look at that! I saw that almost the minute I started eating my own pho!

But on another note, you were able to bring your parrot into a restaurant!? I'm impressed :eek:

Mudkips

May 6, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Birdy the Green Cheek Conure

But on another note, you were able to bring your parrot into a restaurant!? I'm impressed :eek:

They let you bring your bird into a restaurant? Wow.

Yes! You'd be surprised how many places you could take a small, mild mannered parrot like Birdy. He's very quiet and even better behaved then some of the customers! :p

Pho is Birdy's favorite food right now! At first he couldn't work out how to pick up anything out of a hot bowl of soup and he would drop the food and shake his head in frustration. :mad:
But now he is very calm and methodical about selecting the right noodle that isn't too hot - even waiting a few minutes by chewing on a bean shoot as he waits for the soup to cool down! :cool:

fcgDTHK.jpg

(this pic is just for fun!)

Last edited:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
But now he is very calm and methodical about selecting the right noodle that isn't too hot - even waiting a few minutes by chewing on a bean shoot as he waits for the soup to cool down!
Does he get a whole bowl of soup for himself, or is he eating out of a person's bowl?

MomRobin

Jan 18, 2015
Media
Capital Region, New York
Parrots
Britta: Yellow/Blue Front Amazon

Molly: Blue Front Amazon
Britta will put her toys away when finished playing with them this year.

(No, she will take them out and toss them when finished. Then laugh about it like a baby in a high chair!:D)

Attachments

• Brittas toy bottle.jpg
    Brittas toy bottle.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 124

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

They let you bring your bird into a restaurant? Wow.

Yes! You'd be surprised how many places you could take a small, mild mannered parrot like Birdy. He's very quiet and even better behaved then some of the customers! :p

Pho is Birdy's favorite food right now! At first he couldn't work out how to pick up anything out of a hot bowl of soup and he would drop the food and shake his head in frustration. :mad:
But now he is very calm and methodical about selecting the right noodle that isn't too hot - even waiting a few minutes by chewing on a bean shoot as he waits for the soup to cool down! :cool:

fcgDTHK.jpg

(this pic is just for fun!)

I'm going to have to try tag Gizmo along on my ramen runs now!

And what a clever little guy you have, It just shows the amazing intelligence parrots have!

MomRobin

Jan 18, 2015
Media
Capital Region, New York
Parrots
Britta: Yellow/Blue Front Amazon

Molly: Blue Front Amazon
Rescue little Miss Molly exploring her out of the cage world proclaims,

"I will love this place".
"I will continue to eat great food."
"I will sleep now that I don't itch anymore."
"I will enjoy my feathers cleaned and growing.":green:

Attachments

• little miss molly.jpg
    little miss molly.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 252

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)

And what a clever little guy you have, It just shows the amazing intelligence parrots have!
I dont think ramen noodles are a good idea for birds, they really arent a good idea for us, there is ALOT of MSG in them

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.

I dont think ramen noodles are a good idea for birds, they really arent a good idea for us, there is ALOT of MSG in them

What's MSG? :confused:

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Oh right, thanks for clearing that up :)
Surely real noodles are healthier, right? I can't stand ramen noodles, they're so rubbery and makes me feel really weird ...

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Oh right, thanks for clearing that up :)
Surely real noodles are healthier, right? I can't stand ramen noodles, they're so rubbery and makes me feel really weird ...

Real pasta is healthier and you can get even healthier by using whole wheat or whole grain pastas. You can even get vegetable "spririlizers" that make veggies look like pasta.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

Deciding to join in just for fun :

"My resolution is to be less of a handful (ba dum tss), to finally eat my fresh foods, and to grow out my tail!"
"I was going to say 'be cute' but that's been done since I hatched!"

Last edited:

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)
Deciding to join in just for fun :

"My resolution is to be less of a handful (ba dum tss) and to finally eat my fresh foods."
"I was going to say 'be cute' but that's been done since I hatched!"
Lucky your computer doesnt look like mine!
j9a72a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts