June 2019 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
All of these are wonderful, and the first one is the perfect entry!
The Gif would be acceptable and is awesome as well, but I also can't get it to embed. It can still be entered but may put you at a disadvantage if it is only a link.
Stephen mentioned in a later post uploading it to Youtube...that would work if it is possible!

I'll stick with the first one, I don't want to have to make people click on a link. I've tried uploading my Jacob videos to YouTube but it doesn't work, that's why I got it on Imgur and even then I got lucky as only that one video worked and I can't seem to get any others to upload.

As for my official entry Casper223 helped me by adding the caption directly onto the picture and is so much cuter that way, the caption was altered a bit to make it sound more like a baby bird saying it, so it makes more sense.:blue1:
So here is my actual official entry:
g9dq3OH.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
All of these are wonderful, and the first one is the perfect entry!
The Gif would be acceptable and is awesome as well, but I also can't get it to embed. It can still be entered but may put you at a disadvantage if it is only a link.
Stephen mentioned in a later post uploading it to Youtube...that would work if it is possible!

I'll stick with the first one, I don't want to have to make people click on a link. I've tried uploading my Jacob videos to YouTube but it doesn't work, that's why I got it on Imgur and even then I got lucky as only that one video worked and I can't seem to get any others to upload.

As for my official entry Casper223 helped me by adding the caption directly onto the picture and is so much cuter that way, the caption was altered a bit to make it sound more like a baby bird saying it, so it makes more sense.:blue1:
So here is my actual official entry:
g9dq3OH.jpg

Great choice, and I love the caption on it!!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
20190603_121944.jpg

Apollo is like a dog she likes having her ears rubbed

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
20190603_121944.jpg

How adorable! There is nothing like the look of pure bliss when we get the scritches right.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Just for FUUUUUUUUN :D

tami2-albums-levi-picture21441-i-am-batman.jpg

"this one's for you Anansi" ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaand my favorite photographer just entered the fray! You know me well, Tami! I just - (insert manliest word possible for squealed) - in fanboy delight at the pic and caption! Hahahahaha! I just love me some Levi! Uhmmm... I mean Batman, of course!

hahaha :D I'm so glad it made you squeal, like a Gallant Young Man of course... ;) :heart:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
ZdxrKqw.jpg

Just for fun.....

I'm glad I don't have to compete with that, this one already looks like a winner. As for my entry, I am having a hard time choosing only one but i'll get there.

Edit: I have it down to 3 pictures, once I figure out which one I choose, I will post the rest as just for fun pics

Love this!! :heart:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
20190603_121944.jpg

Sweet! That look makes my heart smile! Just pure and utter contentment.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
She's baaaaaaack!

HRH Crown Princess Lilly Pilly has regathered herself and has chosen to bestow Her glorious magnanimous beneficence upon those who so terribly disappointed Her last month (i.e. me!), and after giving me a thorough buttfeathering for my incompetence, She has authorised me to release this Official Portrait for the June comp.

Looks like Her Maj has some pretty stiff competition again this month, but here goes nuthin' ...

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21452-picture2a.jpg

(and just get a load of those cute little feets!!)

Last edited:

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
She's baaaaaaack!

HRH Crown Princess Lilly Pilly has regathered herself and has chosen to bestow Her glorious magnanimous beneficence upon those who so terribly disappointed Her last month (i.e. me!), and after giving me a thorough buttfeathering for my incompetence, She has authorised me to release this Official Portrait for the June comp.

Looks like Her Maj has some pretty stiff competition again this month, but here goes nuthin' ...

Aww, she is just so cute. She came close to winning last month, I think this month she will redeem herself and win it this time, that is just such an adorable picture. I like the caption as game of thrones was probably the best show that's ever aired and she gets bored and sleep through it. If I know birds that would be because she doesn't get as much attention while you watch the show and when it ends she gets all her attention back. :) My macaw pretty much distracts me from at least 50% of my shows while he's on me. He's constantly giving kisses and asking to shake a paw or dancing for me.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
She's baaaaaaack!

There is cuteness overload in this picture of Adorable Lilly Pilly!
Not a fan of GOT, huh? Her feets are precious.

View attachment 22636

22636d1560223278-june-2019-potm-contest-20190610_211842.jpg

It's a budgie thing.... You wouldn't understand!

What a great picture of your babies! They look so beautiful sitting together like that, I love it! I added in the large picture to make it more visible:)
What are their names?

Last edited:

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
She's baaaaaaack!

22636d1560223278-june-2019-potm-contest-20190610_211842.jpg

There is cuteness overload in this picture of Adorable Lilly Pilly!
Not a fan, huh? Her feets are precious.

View attachment 22636

It's a budgie thing.... You wouldn't understand!

What a great picture of your babies! They look so beautiful sitting together like that, I love it! I added in the large picture to make it more visible:)
What are their names?

Let's see if I can get them in order, left to right. Diamond, Fuzzburt, Smidge, Cooper and Creek. Anyone notice a trend here? :09: and thank you for the compliment, and fixing my picture, I'm not very tech savy!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Their names are awesome, including the little Beauty you are adding:) Congratulations on your soon to be new family member!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
She's baaaaaaack!

Aww, she is just so cute. She came close to winning last month, I think this month she will redeem herself and win it this time, that is just such an adorable picture. I like the caption as game of thrones was probably the best show that's ever aired and she gets bored and sleep through it. If I know birds that would be because she doesn't get as much attention while you watch the show and when it ends she gets all her attention back. :) My macaw pretty much distracts me from at least 50% of my shows while he's on me. He's constantly giving kisses and asking to shake a paw or dancing for me.

Well Valyndris is partially right, HRH is not a fan of GOT, but mainly because there’s only room for one Royal Personage in our house and that is Herself - She has no time for those pretenders on the telly!

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
Man I want to say what I would have captioned that one, but I don't want to come across the wrong way. It is 100% innocent and I mean absolutely no disrespect, when I saw that picture the only thing that came to mind was, restin' with sasquatch!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

CallumConure

Apr 10, 2019
Central Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Callum- GCC Hatchday: October 15th, 2016
(nonparrot friends include rats, a dog, and a few reptiles :))
This is what Callum does when I play Overwatch. (Does anyone still play that game? I think he's seen a Widowmaker highlight intro one too many times).

[Sorry for not putting the photo correctly, I'm still figuring out how to add pictures :p]

22649d1560390696-june-2019-potm-contest-stinkyfinal.jpg

Attachments

• stinkyfinal.jpg
    stinkyfinal.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts