Kiki First Time Seing The Sun

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
It's been a long winter here in Sweden, with lots of rain & snow, and gray clouds. But Spring is now closing and the sun is shining.

This is the first time Kiki has seen the sun. She was very excited and calm, didn't seem to care much about the other birds out there. She did make a purr-type sound when she saw a crow flying by. But other than that she enjoyed being outside in the sun breathing some fresh air. :green:

Do amazons tend to be happy and make sounds/talk when they are outside? Kiki was very quiet. Maybe she will get used to it and open up later?

Here are some pictures of her. :)

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Kiki is a very pretty girl! Looks like she's enjoying her time in the sun. Thank you for sharing, the photos are lovely.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
It's been a long winter here in Sweden, with lots of rain & snow, and gray clouds. But Spring is now closing and the sun is shining.

This is the first time Kiki has seen the sun. She was very excited and calm, didn't seem to care much about the other birds out there. She did make a purr-type sound when she saw a crow flying by. But other than that she enjoyed being outside in the sun breathing some fresh air. :green:

Do amazons tend to be happy and make sounds/talk when they are outside? Kiki was very quiet. Maybe she will get used to it and open up later?

Nice looking bird, looks like my 2 Blue-fronted I have and they sure do like the sunshine don't they?

OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

Nice looking bird, looks like my 2 Blue-fronted I have and they sure do like the sunshine don't they?
Yes, they really do seem to like the sunshine. I can't wait to see how she will act like when it's summer. :)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Aww she's lovely and looks to be enjoying herself. Pumpkin screams at the other birds when I take him out. He loves it outside. Don't their colors look extra lovely in natural light?!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Aww... She looks so happy in the sunshine:) Probably a bit in awe by it. Lots of new sights and smells and sounds for her. Glad spring is getting under way where you are. We're still dreary and too chilly for parrots to go out here:( Kiwi is getting a bit of cabin fever;)

OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

Aww she's lovely and looks to be enjoying herself. Pumpkin screams at the other birds when I take him out. He loves it outside. Don't their colors look extra lovely in natural light?!

Her feathers look extra, extra bright and shiny outside in the sun. She Looks Wonderful. :)

Aww... She looks so happy in the sunshine:) Probably a bit in awe by it. Lots of new sights and smells and sounds for her. Glad spring is getting under way where you are. We're still dreary and too chilly for parrots to go out here:( Kiwi is getting a bit of cabin fever;)

Yes, I can't help but try to feel how it is for her, seing the sun for the first time in her life, and hearing all the other natural birds chattering, and flying, seing and hearing cars, people walking outside with their dogs a.s.o. She looked VERY interested in everything, and didn't show any signs of being shy or of fear.

Kiki Is getting a bit of a cabin fever too, it's been a long and cold winter here. So, if the weather allows, I'll take her out on her harness tomorrow to the town, forest, to strangers, friends so she can explore stuff by her self and get used to new people, and being outside.

What do you think? :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions