kings aluminum cages

deshud

Jul 13, 2013
Parrots
1 parrotlett
1 whitecapped pi
soon 1 blue headed pi
I am from canada, I buy and ship most of my cages from states. Just noticed the aluminum kings cages, since they're lighter, shipping costs are MUCH cheaper. Does anyone own these cages? I read adonized aluminum cages are not toxic to birds. I am wondering about quality and how long they will last for. Thank you

Another question about Kings, are their power coated cages better quality then AA, A&E, and HQ? You can't buy kings in canada, and having them shipped from US requires the use of a "middle man" shipping company that costs a lot. That's why I am looking at aluminum. If quality is better, it will be worth it. If kings is similar to the other brands, I will stick with the other brands as it's easier to ship.

Thank you

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Welcome to the forums Deshud.....

Well, let's say there's not been any notable problem with aluminum cages and anodized aluminum is still aluminum.....while I have never delved into the preference of anodizing over raw aluminum, but it is probably appearance...polished aluminum, like aluminum foil will easily tarnish, as will brushed aluminum.....

Enter anodizing.....the process is a type of controlled etching that employs a mild acid and electric current.....aluminum being anodized readily accepts a special ink that unlike paint, is permanent and does not flake off, nor does aluminum rust.

When anodized, in addition to accepting color, the surface actually becomes harder than that of raw aluminum.....

So, hope this answered some of your questions.....oh, and yes, there probably would be a decided weight savings.....

Good luck.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts