Kiwi's feather are falling apart

kiwiandI

Sep 28, 2016
Israel
Parrots
Kiwi the conure greencheek
What is happening to my kiwi? /:
He seems to be grooming them often, one fell completly off but those just seem to kind of turn into dust as he grooms, one has also become crooked. I'm really worried.

Attachments

• 20161107_151004.jpg
    20161107_151004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 330

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
I was thinking just molting, but after seeing the picture it looks as if hes nibbling away at the feathers. Someone with more knowledge about this will come around, best leave it to them.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I don't know, but...

I send my good wishes!

I know there are lots of smart folks here, and lots of Green Cheeks lovers, too!

I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Meanwhile, *PATAGONIAN HUGZSZSZSZS*

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
What is happening to my kiwi? /:
He seems to be grooming them often, one fell completly off but those just seem to kind of turn into dust as he grooms, one has also become crooked. I'm really worried.

Looks like over preening to me!

You live in a very dry area of the World and it is very possible that you may need to bath your Parrot more often! Whatever is your Parrots favorite way of Bathing, double it. So, if you are every other day, move it to every day!

Make sure that your Parrot has distractions, like toys to play with during the day and that you are providing a very wide and Health Diet of Fresh Foods, including Veggies and Fruits!

Most Reactions