Let's get personal!!

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Coconut-the albino 'tiel, mango-the peachfaced lovebird, waffles-the parakeet, Lucy and Lulu-Jenday conures, and Cookie-The rescue sun conure
if I told any of my 'secrets" (which are, for the most part anyways, not very secret) it'd not be G-rated lol.

Agreed. Few secrets are G-rated. ;)

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Ok here is well kinda a secret. If you ever met me in real life you might know this about me but here it goes....

I'm afraid of moths and butterflies. Most people find that funny so thats my funny g-rated secret. The only reason people I know, know that about me is because when I see a butterfly or moth I run away crying.

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Ok here is well kinda a secret. If you ever met me in real life you might know this about me but here it goes....

I'm afraid of moths and butterflies. Most people find that funny so thats my funny g-rated secret. The only reason people I know, know that about me is because when I see a butterfly or moth I run away crying.

(((Tracy))) don't feel badly, I, too, am a moth-o-phobic (butterflies, I'm just sort of stand-offish). But, good lord, moths will send me running every time! :eek:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
:eek: I move worms off roads and pavements so they wont get squished........ And as some of u already know I talk to slugs and things. Just incase ....u never know. I hug trees and have not eated and aminal in 25 yrs was vegan for a while but realised that the kids were supplementing diet with rescued worms so...well no fundementalist views are totally healthy. found local Rudolph Stiener community that had free range organic kind kill animals and fed the men on that . Jamie youngest wont eat meat yet though ,not since he heard the calves cry when seperated from their mum....MAAUUM MAUM thats what they were crying broke his wee heart.

I got put out Brownies? guides for smoking
set pixi box on fire by mistake.
I cut my own hair.....
and have really funny story about first tampon ...but not for the forum I quess:confused:

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
:eek: I move worms off roads and pavements so they wont get squished........ And as some of u already know I talk to slugs and things. Just incase ....u never know. I hug trees and have not eated and aminal in 25 yrs was vegan for a while but realised that the kids were supplementing diet with rescued worms so...well no fundementalist views are totally healthy. found local Rudolph Stiener community that had free range organic kind kill animals and fed the men on that . Jamie youngest wont eat meat yet though ,not since he heard the calves cry when seperated from their mum....MAAUUM MAUM thats what they were crying broke his wee heart.

I got put out Brownies? guides for smoking
set pixi box on fire by mistake.
I cut my own hair.....
and have really funny story about first tampon ...but not for the forum I quess:confused:

karen, you are most certainly and definintely my kind of girl!!!! goooooo karen!

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Woo hoo at last perhaps my family will perhaps unchain me and let me out.
the cellar is so lonely:scared01:
Now I know im not alone...Peta is one of us....manic laugh..... rocking gently now singing Lola backwards....or maybe its french!!!!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
... and have really funny story about first tampon ...but not for the forum I quess:confused:

I am one of 2 men on a staff of 15 women ...
I live with one ...

I come on here to talk about birds ... can we please leave the feminine items out of the conversation?? :rolleyes:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
I did leave it out Tex.....but now u have stolen my punch line. tee hee

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
I do boxing. :DDD Been doing it for about a year and half now.

I'm thinking of applying at petsmart. :D When it opens in my area. which will hopefully before september.

I hate science!

I'm afraid of worms and slugs and anything slimy. I use to run away from them, but now i just keep my distance.

Last edited:
OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Wow, boxing! That is really something Meghan!! Cool :)

I have very unconventional eating habits at dinner time ... I do NOT mix my foods ... first I eat my veggies (down to the last kernel of corn or pea hiding under the potatoes), then my starches (potatoes or mac/pasta) and in the very end I eat my meat (which is generally, by that time, cold! LOL). I know they all mix up in my tummy, but there is something about the very organized approach I have ... weird at best! ROFL!

I'm also left handed ... that could explain quite a few of my oddities! ROFLMAO! :eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm scared of frogs, (we have killer frogs in our pond, they chase me down the garden) snakes, worms, anything creepy crawly really, When I was little I was scared of the Ice Cream Vans, :eek: To this day I won't eat Ice Cream.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
When I was little I was scared of the Ice Cream Vans, To this day I won't eat Ice Cream.

OMG Peta! This is one of the funniest childish fears I have ever heard of...

:18::18:(sorry for laughing but I couldn't help it :D )

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Well one of my biggest fears are hights! And not only really big hights, even smaller ones!:D
I cannot look down from the second floor's balcony(or above , getting higher and I get more sick, no problem with planes).

When I was young(7 years old) I saw a person jumping from the top of our building, commiting suicide in front of my eyes.Maybe that's the reason!:27:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG Peta! This is one of the funniest childish fears I have ever heard of...

:18::18:(sorry for laughing but I couldn't help it :D )

Hey thats okay, the whole family laughs at that one, :D

Heights don't get me going on that one. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm so sorry you had to witness that, that would sure put the fear into you.

When my brothers and I were younger we saw a young boy drown, after that my younger brother was scared stiff of the water, didn't learn to swim until he was about 18 and joined the marines, he had to jump into a pool, when he told them he couldn't swim they called him Yellow, that was it, he jumped and has swam ever since. :eek: :D. Drastic way to learn to swim in my book.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Well I have thought of drastic ways to get rid of my fear, like bunji jumping but I think I won't make it and I wll have a heartattack while falling...:D

I hear about people paying to do bunji, I wouldn't do it even if payed a lot of money! :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm with ya on that one. :D There's not enough money for me to do that.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This is more of a funny secret and its Jemma's not mine.

Last year sometime we were cutting Bluey's (Linnie) nails and he usually stays very still for this, but he decided this time he was gonna move and I ended up cutting a little bit short, he started to bleed, so I asked Jemma to go get the Flour, she ran into the kitchen and asked "Do you want the Plain or Self Raising Flour"
"Don't think it matters, I'm putting it on his nails not cooking him" :D :D :D :D We still have a good laugh about it now,

Now if I'm cutting the fids nails, I always have a bowl on hand just in case.

Most Reactions

Latest posts