Lets me honest, did i completely mess this up?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
How old is Yoshi now?? and how long have you had him??

You say he is quite bonded with you already? How about with hubby?

Jim

OP
Mamaof3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey
How old is Yoshi now?? and how long have you had him??

You say he is quite bonded with you already? How about with hubby?

Jim
Yoshi is 12 weeks old. I think he maybe quite bonded to me since i hand feed him. Hubby is not a bird person and works all night and sleeps during the day since he owns a lounge. He does say hello to Yoshi. Yoshi sometimes looks at him like "who is this stranger". Im the only adult. When we were at my parents house he was fine with my parents even when my brother visited. I think its just the kids.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I love that you are putting Yoshi down with the kids while they are eating and bath time. Buddy is a green pig, food is a super winner and baths, OMG. I love how he loves baths. Great activities with Yoshi and your kids to get them to bond! I must ask, if the kids are eating (pancakes and syrup), does he climb in their plate or just help himself? I ask because my first food theft from Buddy, I had him on my shoulder and Husband brought in tacos. He hands me a taco, I bite into it and there is a little green and red flash by my taco. Buddy just helped himself to my taco while I was biting, lol! No worries it was only corn tortilla he got but again, food is a major winner, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Ya kids...I know that when Amy just HEARS kids laughing or talking,when they cut thru my front yard :mad: she gets VERY excited,to the point where she pins her eyes and fluffs up her face and fans out her tail.

I think its coz children generally have a high pitched "sound" to their voices.

Yoshi being so young...like I said previously..let your youngsters talk to him..give him treats and toys..SailBoat says 'zons love to be read to! Let your little one read him a childrens book..Don't force Yoshi on them..maybe with your son,while Yoshi is on your hand or arm..have the boy approach him slowly..see how Yosh reacts..maybe even be prepared for yourself to get nipped :eek:

Jim

OP
Mamaof3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey
I love that you are putting Yoshi down with the kids while they are eating and bath time. Buddy is a green pig, food is a super winner and baths, OMG. I love how he loves baths. Great activities with Yoshi and your kids to get them to bond! I must ask, if the kids are eating (pancakes and syrup), does he climb in their plate or just help himself? I ask because my first food theft from Buddy, I had him on my shoulder and Husband brought in tacos. He hands me a taco, I bite into it and there is a little green and red flash by my taco. Buddy just helped himself to my taco while I was biting, lol! No worries it was only corn tortilla he got but again, food is a major winner, lol.

My kids are not normal kids especially my boys...lol. no syrup or butter of any kind on their pancakes. Just plain as they can be 😏. They also dont like hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers, ketchup or nuggets.

For baths he watches them from the rod, and for Yoshi's bath, i let the kids get a chance to spray him as well.

OP
Mamaof3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Ya kids...I know that when Amy just HEARS kids laughing or talking,when they cut thru my front yard :mad: she gets VERY excited,to the point where she pins her eyes and fluffs up her face and fans out her tail.

I think its coz children generally have a high pitched "sound" to their voices.

Yoshi being so young...like I said previously..let your youngsters talk to him..give him treats and toys..SailBoat says 'zons love to be read to! Let your little one read him a childrens book..Don't force Yoshi on them..maybe with your son,while Yoshi is on your hand or arm..have the boy approach him slowly..see how Yosh reacts..maybe even be prepared for yourself to get nipped :eek:

Jim
I tend to hold him and let the kids hand things to him. I do put myself in the line of fire. When i see that Yoshi is getting overwhelmed with the kids, i usually move him away, tell him how he did good amd let him play on top of his play top.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
LOLLLLLL!!! You have dream kids!!!! One of my nieces only eats "naked cheeseburgers", seriously. That's a dry cheeseburger, bun, meat, and cheese only. Has Yoshi tried to join them during bath time? I have a shower perch and Buddy loves it so I do take him in the shower with me. He's a water hog and very dramatic. I'm sure the kids would get a kick out of Yoshi showering with them, but I'm sure they are still in bath mode.

OP
Mamaof3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
LOLLLLLL!!! You have dream kids!!!! One of my nieces only eats "naked cheeseburgers", seriously. That's a dry cheeseburger, bun, meat, and cheese only. Has Yoshi tried to join them during bath time? I have a shower perch and Buddy loves it so I do take him in the shower with me. He's a water hog and very dramatic. I'm sure the kids would get a kick out of Yoshi showering with them, but I'm sure they are still in bath mode.

They're crazy in the bath. I was watching Yoshi, and he was watch them like "what a bunch of crazies this two are!" I think ill just let him observe the baths, between the crying and hogging of the water and water toys its a just a mess.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
IMO, the more Yoshi is involved in day to day stuff... dinner, baths, the more he will consider himself part of the flock. Consider consider putting in a dedicated shower perch, look on my earlier posts, cost was less then 20 buck, is rock solid. He'll I'll come over and install if for you.

OP
Mamaof3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
IMO, the more Yoshi is involved in day to day stuff... dinner, baths, the more he will consider himself part of the flock. Consider consider putting in a dedicated shower perch, look on my earlier posts, cost was less then 20 buck, is rock solid. He'll I'll come over and install if for you.
Aww thanks AL. I'll look into bath perches.

Most Reactions