Lost Kizzy out the Door!

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
Thinking of you and praying Kizzy makes it back to you soon.
My mother lives in Columbia and I asked her to keep an eye out for her.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
I'm running out of hope. She just disappeared. I'm worried she suffered and died. I'm worried someone has her and won't treat her right. She doesn't like being caged.

If I never find her...how can I live with that? Such a stupid mistake and now she's gone.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm running out of hope. She just disappeared. I'm worried she suffered and died. I'm worried someone has her and won't treat her right. She doesn't like being caged.

If I never find her...how can I live with that? Such a stupid mistake and now she's gone.

Please do not lose hope. Channeling your understandable despair into positive action may be of help. Might be helpful to expand the radius of targeted businesses and police jurisdictions. Looking at the map, there are many towns within a 5 mile radius. Hard to tell whether they have independent media and shopping districts.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Yes, please don't lose hope! We are all hoping for a speedy return!

OP
Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
I don't know what else to do. We've all called and canvassed the area. I put a speaker in my window and played it today, but I can't do it loudly because of the neighbors. She's mostly bonded to my mother and me. She's not exactly afraid of other people, but she's standoffish. I feel if I'd harness-trained her properly, she would have known the surrounding area and been more accepting of strangers, but now it's too late.

I feel helpless and hopeless. How did she disappear so completely?

OP
Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots

Please do not lose hope. Channeling your understandable despair into positive action may be of help. Might be helpful to expand the radius of targeted businesses and police jurisdictions. Looking at the map, there are many towns within a 5 mile radius. Hard to tell whether they have independent media and shopping districts.

Here in Tuolumne County there's only about two degrees of separation between most people. All you have to do is drop names and you'll find someone you both know. When I was looking for her, lots of people asked me if I was the one who lost the parrot. People know.

I can see someone falling in love with her and not wanting to give her up, but it's destroying me not knowing where she is.

There are only a few pet supply stores. I'm tempted to go and ask if someone made suspicious purchases, but I'm not sure how to go about it. It hurts so bad I can't talk about it without sobbing. I'm so sick with despair.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ladyhawk, I'm so very sorry Kizzy has not been returned to you. I know the grief and despair can be overwhelming but there is still hope for her safe return, as difficult as it is, please try to focus on the continuing search. Remember there are good people with good intentions out there who have the bird's best interest in mind, it could be a matter of making yourself visible and easy to find. It's in our nature to experience regret and guilt when something awful happens to one in our care but both emotions are nonproductive, focus on hope and a positive outcome. Remember, you did your very best for Kizzy every day that she was with you, allow yourself to feel good about that. We are here for you, we are all hoping for Kizzy's safe return.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Very sorry to hear she has still not made it home. Hopefully though your diligence in getting the word out will help you be reunited soon. Because of the time that has passed, I'd start posting and notifying the pet shops/vets in farther reaching areas too now. Escaped parrots can end up a long way from home so nows the time to widen the net to see if she ended up a few towns over.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Here in Tuolumne County there's only about two degrees of separation between most people. All you have to do is drop names and you'll find someone you both know. When I was looking for her, lots of people asked me if I was the one who lost the parrot. People know.

I can see someone falling in love with her and not wanting to give her up, but it's destroying me not knowing where she is.

There are only a few pet supply stores. I'm tempted to go and ask if someone made suspicious purchases, but I'm not sure how to go about it. It hurts so bad I can't talk about it without sobbing. I'm so sick with despair.

I understand your point of connection, the towns seem closely clustered. The pet supply stores may offer hope, your emotions and aura of despair may motivate them to act in earnest.

Have you considered offering a reward? If feasible, it might motivate a captor inclined to keep her.

OP
Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
If you know anyone who lives in this area, use this playlist, click play and hit the "loop" icon. If she's anywhere nearby, she should respond to my voice. Her contact call sounds nothing like a wild Amazon's and may include the word, "Peekaboo!"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLytpGUQoPxT-ZcZ8q-RFI0AqH56d4em2d

I am so sick I can't take any more. I've dealt with chronic illness most of my life. I have no energy left.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I just googled Sonora, CA and note there seems to be a monastery nearby (St. Silouan's Monastery). Have you contacted them yet? Seems like an logical location for a frightened lost parrot to take refuge, as a monastery is quiet, may put out bird seed and likely has some kind of gardens/fountains and/or other things to attract birds and wildlife and it is possible if not contacted those living there may not have heard about a lost parrot in the area. Just a thought.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Okay, Kizzy's mom... you listen up, to me, NOW.
Nobody is perfect. A bad thing happened, but no matter what, you are a beautful and loving person, with lots left to give. LOTS!
We'll hope Kizzy comes back, but if not, you WILL forgive yourself, and you WILL go on to love again, if maybe a little sadder, but also wiser. And you'll still be part of our family and community here.
I speak from experience, in many ways.
I know this to be true in my heart.
So hear me!

P.S. Edit
We'll stick with you, no matter what!

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
What Gail said is so true. We’re here for you and we’re all cheering you forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
You and Kizzy are on my mind and in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle18

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Umbrella, a Bare Eye, and two budgies.
I am sure you will find her. That kind of a parrot stands out. Please keep us updated.

Most Reactions

Latest posts