Lost my bird kiwi

Kiwithesunconure

Nov 19, 2021
Parrots
Sun Conures
Hello, I recently lost my pet kiwi in Antioch CA. I need help in finding him and I don’t know what to do.

Attachments

• 149C6AF6-CA5E-44E1-A97A-90A2CCFDFC78.jpeg
    149C6AF6-CA5E-44E1-A97A-90A2CCFDFC78.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 21

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hello, I recently lost my pet kiwi in Antioch CA. I need help in finding him and I don’t know what to do.
Oh @Kiwithesunconure, I'm so very sorry you've lost your baby! I've had a couple escape on me over the years - fortunately for me (and with a big helping of dumb luck, I think!) I've always been able to get them back, but I know how gutwrenching it is when they get away!

I've linked up some resources below that may help. I strongly recommend that you check for "found birds" the Parrot Alert website as someone may already have found him. You can also list Kiwi as a lost bird there too if you haven't already. We've had a few members who have found their birds via their service. There's also a document with some handy tips and tricks for searching listed below for you too...

And from our own "Lost And Found" forum...

You should also advise ALL local vet clinics, not just avian ones, as lost birds who get picked up are often handed in there, and get onto your local animal control or SPCA as well. There are also local Facebook groups for lost birds, and don't forget to do an old fashioned letter-box drop with paper flyers. Many (many!) years ago I got an IRN back on the very same day he escaped with this method.

I wish you the very best of luck getting your baby back! 🙏🙏🙏

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
In addition, a massive flyer posting can have good results. Post flyers in laundromats, drug and food stores and other stores people frequently go to. If you will not get in trouble, on utility poles, street light poles. Try to do all these within a 3 mile radius of your house. Me, I would also give one to every household in that 3 mile radius area. The flyers should have a good picture of your parrot, but dont mention the type or species. A reward can help motivate folks to help.

Most Reactions