Maggie and Mark news story

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
[ame="https://youtu.be/nVCiWO8x8-4"]Maggie on the news - YouTube[/ame]

It is better at least on my phone if you dont watch it in full screen mode.

OrnithAudrey

May 26, 2015
Katy, TX
Parrots
At home: Clover- Alexandrine, Sage- Moustache parakeet
At work: Rio- Hyacinth macaw, Major- Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Fruit Loop- Keel-billed toucan, Bayju- Black palm cockatoo
Fabulous news story! Thanks for sharing. Great interview Mark.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Even though I know all the details, I still cried like a baby watching that. They really did an excellent job. Just think how wonderful the followup story will be. Thanks for sharing the video.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Thanks so much for posting.
Oh, how I hope every person in San Antonio was watching this, and specially the person who has Maggie.
She has to be back tomorrow, I hope!

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Great job they did. Nobody could watch that and not want to help! I believe it's just a matter of time. Positive thoughts tonight :)

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
She's alive and someone knows something. She will be returned, I have NO doubt. In the mean time, sending you all our love, Mark.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Thanks so much for posting, appreciate it!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
It finally ran?? That's amazing news, and beautifully handled. I really hope this brings her back to you Makr.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I shared the written article on my Facebook page because I have family in Oklahoma that can get the share ball rolling too. Hoping that Maggie comes home really soon!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
It finally ran?? That's amazing news, and beautifully handled. I really hope this brings her back to you Makr.

Different network. Second interview.

Here's the funny part. They set up the cameras, and my birds just immediately STOPPED what they were doing and sat there.

I can usually get Kiwi all wound up just by face to face beak wrestling, which was what I was trying to do in the part they aired. HARDLY ANY REACTION AT ALL (FOR HER!) Normally she'd be talking up a storm, and upside down playing tug of war with my nose... Which is actually really funny to see. I was hoping I could give them footage of that.

And of course, no one talked. In fact, Sweepea flew to the other side of the room, away from the camera...

The minute she left, of course, they went back to talking up a storm, and playing...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
tears.....she has to come home soon. I am so glad they ran that...xo

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Excellent news feature! Sorry they pulled a WB Frog on you, Mark, but the love you have for your flock definitely came across.

Thank you for sharing the video, Grace. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
They did a great job on the story! So glad they did the right thing and decided to run it. I'm thinking and praying for you and Maggie every day, Mark.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Whats a WB Frog

You don't remember the old Warner Brother's Cartoon about the guy who finds the magical singing frog... who only sings for him... for everyone else he just sits there.

And everyone thinks he's crazy?

And it slowly ruins his life...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsROL4Kf8QY"]The Singing Frog Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I teared up watching the interview...I'm so glad it aired...fingers still crossed.

Last edited:

Most Reactions