Maggie and Mark news story

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Great job Mark! That has got to get her home!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for posting the newscast, Grace! Much appreciated!

Excellent job, Mark! Maggie's flock members did a great job too! Just a matter of time now, I hope it won't be long before you get that call that brings her back to you.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Mark, you did a fantastic job and so did the news team! I think even non-bird people will understand how important she is to you. I really hope this is the key to getting her home, as the local news reaches far more homes than you could possibly knock on the door of with a flyer. Fingers crossed!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I've done everything humanly possible... but what if it isn't enough.

I went to Heritage tonight. I handed out flyers, and I met Nacho. He's an out and about trained GW like Maggie... and it's likely that the reported sightings I received were Nacho, not Maggie...

And now she's afraid someone's going to try to steal her bird to collect the reward money. True nightmare scenario.

Great story. no phone calls.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
But remember you have 3 independent phone calls regarding a woman bragging about a parrot she'd found in a tree. Even if some of the other sightings were Nacho rather than Maggie, your most solid lead still holds. Just keep checking that area.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6

I went to Heritage tonight. I handed out flyers, and I met Nacho. He's an out and about trained GW like Maggie... and it's likely that the reported sightings I received were Nacho, not Maggie...

And now she's afraid someone's going to try to steal her bird to collect the reward money. True nightmare scenario.

I can totally understand her fear. That IS scary, because people SUCK!

As much as people suck, there is much more good out there. If I've learned anything through all my medical battles, the good comes out much more.

I wish we all lived near you so we could hit it full force on the neighborhood. It would be impossible not to hear her if she's on a rampage.

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
I made a post on imgur about Maggie...hopefully lots of people who haven't seen it already will see it.

imgur post

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I made a post on imgur about Maggie...hopefully lots of people who haven't seen it already will see it.

imgur post

Thanks again, both to you, and to everyone that has helped me in this...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

I can totally understand her fear. That IS scary, because people SUCK!

As much as people suck, there is much more good out there. If I've learned anything through all my medical battles, the good comes out much more.

I wish we all lived near you so we could hit it full force on the neighborhood. It would be impossible not to hear her if she's on a rampage.

Well, the good news is if they try to steal that bird, they'd be bringing her to me to collect the reward, and Nacho would be home the same day.

I don't want anyone stealing birds, I want them to CALL ME so that I can go find out if the bird is mine or not... I don't want to be the cause of that!!!

I mean, really... it's so basic. This is how people are supposed to behave.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I'm seriously in tears after watching that news report.

A few weeks ago I helped a couple while they were looking for their bird (I printed up 200 flyers and spent time walking around my area.) If you follow Parrot 911, the Galah in Philly which they did finally get back. She ended up in JERSEY from PHILLY. Someone working up on a telephone pole spotted her and she landed on him, luckily his neighbor either works for or frequents Bird Paradise and got her to her. Long story short, but she ended up home. I think she was gone over two weeks, but a bird that was never out before, ended up in another state.

Mark, I know you will get Maggie back, and hearing your voice in that news report, I couldn't hold back the tears. I'm so heartbroken right now and I know we all are.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
I'm seriously in tears after watching that news report.

A few weeks ago I helped a couple while they were looking for their bird (I printed up 200 flyers and spent time walking around my area.) If you follow Parrot 911, the Galah in Philly which they did finally get back. She ended up in JERSEY from PHILLY. Someone working up on a telephone pole spotted her and she landed on him, luckily his neighbor either works for or frequents Bird Paradise and got her to her. Long story short, but she ended up home. I think she was gone over two weeks, but a bird that was never out before, ended up in another state.

Wow:eek:..thank goodness there are good people out there like you. I hope I never have to use P911, but if I do, I'm glad to know there are great people around like the ones on this forum to help!

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Just wanted to bump this one so maybe new people could watch the news report and hopefully come with new leads.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Mark I'm so sorry to see this. I hope you get more info and find her. I know you put out a more current update over the last few days. I'm glad the news is helping and I shared the article on FB. Praying for you, your daughter and Maggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions