From Parrot 911 Today

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Friends, Ariel Mounic Jokai is currently racing home after a tragedy. This evening while on the road home to San Angelo, Texas from visiting family, she has received news that extreme weather (we aren't sure if a tornado or just extreme winds) lifted and destroyed her new aviaries and scattered her flock. Her husband Frank was working to secure the birds when it happened, and is telling her that he is uninjured. At least one cockatiel and three Indian ringnecks are missing right now in the storm, and we are unsure if any of the birds that are home have sustained injuries. Fortunately her Macaw and 3 a Eclectus were inside. She is still over an hour from home. Please join me in praying for the safety and return of her flock as well as her safe return home. She will be letting me know as soon as she knows which birds are missing.

PAY IT FORWARD~ Hope you find your missing flock members!

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
I saw that post on Facebook and the thought is terrifying! I hope her babies are returned safe and sound.

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Heart breaking and gut wrenching. This is so awful to hear. I pray they are all found and returned.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I hope the four missing birds are found and returned home safely. This has been such a tragic weather season on so many levels. :(

Most Reactions