MAGNA DYH Changing Colors (photo extensive)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Love seeing Sam on his back ! :) Wendy do you know if this is a common time of year when zons molt?

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wow Wendy he is looking great. At least he doesn't have that look in his eye my dyh does, mine can be quite the handful;). Sam looks great and I love the pictures of him on his back.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Super cute...Parker will be 1 on May 2nd and me and my husband will be married 4 years on the 24..Parker is just now going through his first big molt, between him and Keiko there are feathers everywhere lol

Thank you!! Aaww....Sam's birthday is a VERY lucky number. :)

I hear you with the feathers, my Niko is molting alongside Sam and it isn't pretty. LOL

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hey,

Sam is gorgeous and he is lucky to have you too so he must be sharing your feeling too ;) Mine is turning 1 in May as well and I can notice there are few new small yellow feathers on the head and face and thighs too! I can't wait! :)

Thanks so much, Moody. :)
Yes, Sam is VERY lovable (most of the time), but he's still my Firecracker, lol.
Oh you wait, your baby will color in before you know it. Isn't it amazing how they change right before your eyes?

When my oldest son came home from Basic Training at Christmas time, he was in AWE how Sam changed in only 2 months. I guess he'll be even more amazed if he gets to come home for a week next month. :D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Love seeing Sam on his back ! :) Wendy do you know if this is a common time of year when zons molt?

Thanks a million!! :) No, my Hunter (YN) is NOT molting at all at the moment. She usually goes through it after breeding season is over, I want to say in May/June. And she is NOT a breeder either, but that is when she usually goes through her molt. :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wow Wendy he is looking great. At least he doesn't have that look in his eye my dyh does, mine can be quite the handful;). Sam looks great and I love the pictures of him on his back.

Thanks so much, Justin. :)

Oh....I know "that" look VERY well. I call it the "spiral eyes" or "demon look". But he doesn't intimidate me easily. Unless he growls AND does the evil eye, THEN I back away .... slowly. :D

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
OMG-Zon euphoria!!! :D Sam is adorable (even though he's 'growing up'!!! ;)) You guys seriously must have SUCH a bond. :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
OMG-Zon euphoria!!! :D Sam is adorable (even though he's 'growing up'!!! ;)) You guys seriously must have SUCH a bond. :)

Yasmin, you have me smiling from ear to ear. :D Thank you!!! Zon-euphoria...LMBO...HAHAHAHA!

Yes, I can do anything and everything with my young man. Ask me if I can still do that in 5 years down the road, when his manlihood kicks in. ;)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3

Yasmin, you have me smiling from ear to ear. :D Thank you!!! Zon-euphoria...LMBO...HAHAHAHA!

Yes, I can do anything and everything with my young man. Ask me if I can still do that in 5 years down the road, when his manlihood kicks in. ;)

Haha! :p And I'll bet you two will get over his, er, puberty FINE, it will just be some more grumpy mixed in with adorable for a bit. ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Haha! :p And I'll bet you two will get over his, er, puberty FINE, it will just be some more grumpy mixed in with adorable for a bit. ;)

HAHAHA!!! I'll let you know when the time comes. I think we'll be fine though. Quincy, Sam's brother, was GREAT when he matured. A bit tricky at times, yes, but he was never down right vicous. :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Soo i had a look at the pictures i have of Sam on my computer.. yes.. i have pictures saved of Sam :54: hahaha

and he is getting more yellow on his face right, ALOT more? :p

I have no idea with amazons molt :09: Will he keep getting more yellow feathers?

He is adorable, such a sweet boy! Just wanna give him a cuddle :rolleyes:

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
With age dyh get more and more yellow. I've seen some old ones have like yellow straight down to there neck it is beautiful:).

Tab come cuddle my dyh he loooooves to cuddle;), joking I don't want you to have some plastic surgery needed.. He's a brat. Even tonight he thought he'd wonder around the bird room playgyms and then come and try and bite me thinking he is big lol. Puny amazon thinks he is a hyacinth:p.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Yes they "yellow" with age. All of the amazon species do. They will also "yellow' with injury, such as plucking, wounds ,etc. Have you not seen the pictures of my mature Yellow nape ,Jake? She's starting to look like a "grey beaked Double Yellow Head". I found three more large yellow pins on her neck tonight, during our nightly ritual. She has a yellow collar now and yellow feathers starting down her back. BTW Jake (Jakiepoo) is now 43.

Attachments

• jakiepoo 1011 041.jpg
    jakiepoo 1011 041.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Hawks and Jake 088.jpg
    Hawks and Jake 088.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 196
  • jakiepoo 1011 075.jpg
    jakiepoo 1011 075.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
She is beautiful hen.... I'd love to own a yellow napes that looked like that really. We have one up at the rescue ATM who has an large amount of yellow and blue on her... It's so beautiful.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Instead of making a new thread about my Sam, I figured I'd update here.

Just took these pictures of my Bub...he is 18 months now, and full of himself. Talks, whistles, sings, plays non stop, and LOVES laying on his back still. :D

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Great pictures Wendy! Sam is just adorable and his coloring is gorgeous!! He is so darn cute! :D I would love to see some updated pics of your other fids, too! :D

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Great pics! I think it would be great to see how other birds' colors have changed since babyhood. This would give members an idea of what to expect by certain ages.

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I would like to see what the parents look like so we can see the potential of what he will become in the future.

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Beautiful pics of Sam, Wendy. He is beautiful. I just love the colours.

I like the last pics. He seems to be thinking do I change my pose or shall I just give the birdy "puppy dog" eyes. :D

Most Reactions