MAGNA DYH Changing Colors (photo extensive)

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
What gorgeous birds Wendy!! I love the zons, yours look so happy and healthy!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Oh man when they get on their backs like in some of the photos it gives me the worst urge to kiss that fluffy belly! I'd probably get bit though hehe. I'm just getting to the stage with my conure where I can give him little kisses without risking my lips.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Gorgeous Zons, Wendy! They look so healthy and happy and it's obvious they are very fond of each other!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
WOW! Sam sure is growing up and absolutely beautiful! What are you feeding him lol, he's almost iridescent with good health!:D (is it the cucumbers?;)) And I just love miss Hunter. Her zon 'attitude' shines through in photos. She's one of those "perpetually fluffy" zons who's always making pretty noises isn't she? Such a gorgeous girl! And it looks like both your green monsters get along really well:)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you all SO very much!!! I'm pretty darn crazy about my green babies. They truly keep me on my toes, and make me laugh a LOT! :D

Oh man when they get on their backs like in some of the photos it gives me the worst urge to kiss that fluffy belly! I'd probably get bit though hehe. ......

When Sam is in the 'flip on my back' mood, I attempted to smooch his belly once, and he ended up firmly attached to my lips. :54:

WOW! Sam sure is growing up and absolutely beautiful! What are you feeding him lol, he's almost iridescent with good health!:D (is it the cucumbers?;)) And I just love miss Hunter. Her zon 'attitude' shines through in photos. She's one of those "perpetually fluffy" zons who's always making pretty noises isn't she? Such a gorgeous girl! And it looks like both your green monsters get along really well:)

He eats anything and everything - no joke. He is my easiest guy to feed out of all of them. There is nothing he doesn't try.

And yes, Hunter is exactly like you describe, April! You read her like an open book. :D

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
Sam is SO beautiful and cute! I love the pictures of him! Do post more if you have. The difference between before and now is amazing!! I didn't know the difference could be that big and that the amount of yellow will get bigger the older he gets. :11: :11:

What I wonder though, is if that applies to Blue Front Amazons too, like the Xanthopteryxes. Do they get more yellow/blue in time, or are they basically the same throughout their lifes as they were when they molted for the first time? :20: :)

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Oh my god he's beautiful!
Love the 3rd picture in the first post, and the 4th in the second, aaah!! Such a gorgeous little boy.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

What I wonder though, is if that applies to Blue Front Amazons too, like the Xanthopteryxes. Do they get more yellow/blue in time, or are they basically the same throughout their lifes as they were when they molted for the first time? :20: :)

Thank you SO much!! :)

I honestly don't know if BF colors change much as they age. April may know (kiwibird), Kiwi's mom. :)

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
If i read the date correctly on the first post, your beautiful Sam and Mopar, my BFA are one day apart in age! Mopar's hatch date is April 25th, 2012.

Gotta love those April zons! ;)

Sam is absolutely beautiful and adorable. I really enjoy seeing how the yellow color keeps coming in as he gets older.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Throwing a hissy fit

Good thing I had my phone handy this morning to take these pics. Sam threw a massive hissy fit when I presented him with a paper towel roll. :11: I wouldn't dare pick him up when he's like this - even Hunter kept a safe distance.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That first picture lol. He is definitely not a very happy little guy. Good thing that was a cardboard tube and not a finger!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Haha, that's quite the statement, I have a feeling Hunter seldom backs down!

That Sam is such a handsome fellow, even cuter when he's in a snit! Love the photos!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Bath times

@ 3 Sam STILL has a lot of coloring in to do, and he's turning out quite nicely. No complaints from me. AND he's a sweetheart (most of the time) ;)

Both Hunter and Sam had a bath earlier, and I took some 'footage', LOL. :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhFjAON3PQ"]Bathtime one - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIdVQM61Jok"]Bath time 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kro66Yt4ujQ"]Sam bathing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkhVL0ngELg"]Hunter bathing - YouTube[/ame]

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Love the photo and the bath videos! Love how Sam opens up those wings and gets into it! ;) Hunter is such a talkative little cutie! :D

KevH

Aug 31, 2013
ENGLAND
Parrots
5 year old CAG GIZMO
4 year old DYHA RIO
2 year old YELLOW NAPE RUBY
4 month old greenwing macaw Myha
2 year old CAG ROXY
12 year old rescue CAG MARLEY
15 year old rescue CAG SMOKEY
Wow Wendy ur zons are amazing who's the boss out of them are they both good to handle

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wow Wendy ur zons are amazing who's the boss out of them are they both good to handle

Thank you! :) My Sam is definitely wanting to be the boss over everyone (including the macaws). :54: He has ZERO fear.

All of them love to be handled. My female nape would be content hanging out on my 24/7. Sam is more independent, he likes playing games more than anything else. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Thank you, Wendy! Fabulous videos, I have a big goofy grin watching Hunter and Sam enjoy their showers! I love their voices!

Most Reactions