Maxwells Behavioral problems

OP
C

Conner

Dec 21, 2018
There has been a little bit of progress, he is coming to me for about an hour everyday, After about 10 mins he lets me get my hands close to him, He basicaly sits on my shoulder and rubs his face on my glasses.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
That sounds really, really good :)

OP
C

Conner

Dec 21, 2018
So since I took his bed out he has been sleeping on the bottom of his cage.. Is that bad??

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
It is a bit weird, but if he is not used to sleeping on a perch... give him some time?

In one of the other threads someone has swapped the snugglehut for a perch at the same place the hut used to be... have you tried that?
According to the conure-crowd they really like to pick their 'sleeping-corner' and stick to it, so if a perch is there he might sleep on it.

OP
C

Conner

Dec 21, 2018
Ive made a lot of progress with Max, most of the time he will step up for me, he hangs out on my shoulder letting me rub him for a few hours then he will fly back to his cage.

Very happy about his :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts