Maybe its Over.....

crzybird

Feb 19, 2012
Kansas
Parrots
Kiwi-3 year old Nanday Conure, Loui-5 year old Gold-capped Conure!
My husband and I were sitting and talking today about what to do with my bird Kiwi. Things got a lot worse since my last post and it really scared me. I started crying when we started discussing letting him go so my husband went and got him out of his cage. He was holding him and started trying to pet him and Kiwi acted like he was going to bite but he didnt. I was amazed and heartbroken at the same time. My baby gave me up for my husband, thats all I could think. Well my husband tried giving Kiwi to me and he ran from me. So I just backed away and hung my head. Then he tried handing him to me again. Kiwi climbed onto my hand and sat there for a long minute then got up on my shoulder and put his beak against my face. Then he put his head all the way down and crept forwards just enough...like he use to do. And he nudged my fingers so I reached up to pet him. He let me! We played in the yard for an hour and then we came back inside. I put him on his cage so he could go in for food and water and he came right back out and started calling me. So I got him out of his cage and put him on his toy so he could watch me while I did my dishes. He sat on his toy and talked to me and watched me the entire time and then I got him and put him back in his cage. This is when he did something he has never done. He tilted his head to the side and put it down wanting me to pet him. So I rubbed his head and said "goodnight pretty bird" and then he went into his cage and he's been quiet ever since. I was so upset and heart broken, afraid that I had lost my bird for ever. And today I got him back just as awesome as he was before if not better. I am glad it was just hormones and not him going bad on me.

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
I am happy for you and Kiwi! Sounds sweet!

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Congratulations! It's such a great feeling. Indescribable- you just cant stop smiling when you think about it.

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
that is amazing , im so happy for you

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
I am very fortunate with Cameo. She is definately attached to me but Cameo really like my wifes attention also. My wife has never been around birds so this is all very new to her. Jean loves the time Cameo will give her. They are home together on days when I am on the road so they have developed a nice friendship.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
We must remember that our birds are like perpetual children. They are full of emotions that are controlled by many factors, and differ from time to time. If they do things we don't like, or understand, we have to give them time. And try to understand why they act as they do. You wouldn't give your children away because they're having a bad week, would you? Many of the birds that I have taken in acted differently with me than their previous owners. And were nothing like the stories that I was told. Glad to hear that things worked out.

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
So glad kiwi is doing better. I know I will probably have similar feelings as you when JJ finally reaches her hormonal stage...glad you got your baby back!

Most Reactions

Latest posts