Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
[ame="http://youtu.be/nFKaHTXseKg"]Maynard driving Salsa absolutely CRAZY! - YouTube[/ame]

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Was Salsa asking for an apple to give to Maynard to shut him up, or did he want one for himself. Poor Salsa I think he needs to come here for a Fla vacation and some R&R.:D

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Oh MY!!
Salsa is too cute and Maynard is loud, must be really interesting when they all start up in your house.
Salsa can come vacation with me too anytime LOL

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Well, I'm not sure if Sals was asking for an apple for Maynard to shut him up, or for one to eat himself as a way to calm his mind after all of that noise :confused:

I'll inform Salsa of his vacation options and allow him to decide... but he may opt to have me send Maynard to one of you in his place ;):D:22_yikes:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Is that a threat:eek::54::54::eek::D:).Wait till I get my earplugs.:)

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Well, I'm not sure if Sals was asking for an apple for Maynard to shut him up, or for one to eat himself as a way to calm his mind after all of that noise :confused:

I'll inform Salsa of his vacation options and allow him to decide... but he may opt to have me send Maynard to one of you in his place ;):D:22_yikes:

LOL
OK, I got a great stereo, electric guitars and Marshall Amps, I can be even louder than him.:):D

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
My word, I'd go nuts hearing that! I love macaws, but that noise... that almost, donkey like braying just drives me insane. I'm not sure whether I admire you for having four, or pity you! ;)

Salsa is just a doll though!

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)

LOL
OK, I got a great stereo, electric guitars and Marshall Amps, I can be even louder than him.:):D
I wouldn't be so sure.... You haven't heard Maynard LIVE!

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Poor Sweet Patient Salsa! Someone needs a birdie sized pair of Bose Headphones! LOL!:rolleyes:

He's so calm, but keeps saying, "Oh Wow" "Oh Wow" "Oh Wow" This is reality TV...terrific video, thank you :D

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
My word, I'd go nuts hearing that! I love macaws, but that noise... that almost, donkey like braying just drives me insane. I'm not sure whether I admire you for having four, or pity you! ;)

It's only Maynard, my poor stroke parrot. The other 3 are extremely quiet compared to him. But, yes, I pity not only myself at times, but my other 3 as well :(

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots

LOL
I wouldn't be so sure.... You haven't heard Maynard LIVE!

I'm a brave girl with multiple amps and a big house.
It would be a party:jumping40:jumping40

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)

It's only Maynard, my poor stroke parrot. The other 3 are extremely quiet compared to him. But, yes, I pity not only myself at times, but my other 3 as well :(

Poor baby, I'm sure he's just having a good stretch. But even the normal braying Macaws make just make me jump out of my skin. I just cannot get over the fright of this loud unexpected noise!

I'm sure the other three are used to him by now though. Even if Salsa did seem a bit "oh dear... not again!". Almost like an older sibling rolling his eyes when his baby brother starts scriking ;)

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)

Poor baby, I'm sure he's just having a good stretch. But even the normal braying Macaws make just make me jump out of my skin. I just cannot get over the fright of this loud unexpected noise!

I'm sure the other three are used to him by now though. Even if Salsa did seem a bit "oh dear... not again!". Almost like an older sibling rolling his eyes when his baby brother starts scriking ;)
Well, unfortunately it's expected noise around here :rolleyes::(. Salsa hates Maynard's outbursts... he just sits, shakes his wings and flips his head. Sometimes he yells at him. He didn't in this clip though.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I made the HUGE mistake and played this on my laptop (DOWNSTAIRS). Guess who got inspired? :54:

Salsa is TOO cute!

And I had such a good laugh at all the comments. Thanks for sharing, Tony...this just made my day. :D

<I'll go upstairs now until Ripley gets all his hollering out of his system :eek:>

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I made the HUGE mistake and played this on my laptop (DOWNSTAIRS). Guess who got inspired? :54:

Salsa is TOO cute!

And I had such a good laugh at all the comments. Thanks for sharing, Tony...this just made my day. :D

<I'll go upstairs now until Ripley gets all his hollering out of his system :eek:>
HAHA, sorry Wendy :eek:. I suppose I should have put a warning on this clip as well. One for other Macaw owners to avoid playing it in the same area as their birds or loud enough for them to hear :confused:. Oh well.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
HAHA, sorry Wendy :eek:. I suppose I should have put a warning on this clip as well. One for other Macaw owners to avoid playing it in the same area as their birds or loud enough for them to hear :confused:. Oh well.

Nah....it's all good. He hadn't hollered yet today anyway, so I still had it coming ;) And he's all done already. :D

I am now trying to tech Niko to say "too loud" (like Salsa) rather than "shut up", which he currently hollers when either Ziva barks in excess or Ripley has his 5 minutes. :eek: "Too loud" is so much more polite. :D

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I am now trying to tech Niko to say "too loud" (like Salsa) rather than "shut up", which he currently hollers when either Ziva barks in excess or Ripley has his 5 minutes. :eek: "Too loud" is so much more polite. :D
Yes. But I'm not sure it's very efficacious... at least here. Maynard just ignores Salsa and keeps right on screaming his brains out! ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts