Meet Rio.

Andrew_

Jun 9, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
GCC
Say hi to Rio, the newest member of my family :)
This is the first bird I've owned, he's an American Budgie. Only 6 weeks old <3 he (not sure of it's gender but I'm calling it a he because I have a feeling) was hand fed and weened quickly! I originally found him at a parrot show, but didn't want to get him at first since I had already placed a downpayment on another budgie, it wasn't my favorite but I could only find 3 in all of Illinois! After spending some time with it at the show I fell in love with it, but thought it would be too big of a decision for in the moment to let someone else buy the parakeet I was going to get at the time. I went home and let some time pass to think about it. I decided that I wanted to get Rio. He had something about him. He was calm and cuddly and cute and had a great vibe. I glanced at the clock to read 4:00pm as I went to the show, only to remember that it closed at 3. Fortunately I had the company who sold him's business card so I called them. They were on their way back home to Wisconsin, 2 hours from where I live. After I made sure it was okay with them, I started the 2 hour trip to their house in the middle of no where. I entered their room of 50 some parrots and instantly saw Rio. The breeder gave him to me for $35. I was happy to see how much care they gave him. You could tell they weren't into it for the money, and was in it for the birds. (I had to remind them to take my money) After they gave me a 1 hour lecture of the DOs and DONTs, I took him home and went to bed. It's only been about 36 hours but even though he's only 6 weeks old, he is getting used to me quickly, and learning to step up really quickly! I'm glad that I have Rio and I'm glad everything worked out in the end. Thanks :)
tmM0P1y.jpg

BpQ89TX.jpg

Alex_Kiki

Nov 27, 2016
The Netherlands
Parrots
Kiki, a sulphur crested cockatoo (eleonora).
Kiki was born in January 1995 and She's with us Since she was 4 months old.
My first bird in 1978, when I was 8 years old was a budgy with colors just like Rio. 😊

I wish you all the best with this new friend!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
He is a cutie pie. You are now a parrot owner, and have his little life in your hands. Keep active on here, ask questions and read read read.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Awwww what a little sweetie! Glad to see you both here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts