Missing Granddaughter

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
Yep, that got posted about 2 a.m. I got to hear about it on Facebook. Nice. Not pleased with my family members. Took them 15 hours to let me know that she had left in the first place.

She's in Phoenix AZ...She's dumped the car and took a bus....Ambers family members would not let Kaitlyn stay but instead of calling authorities they just told them that and they jumped out a window. Phoenix officers are not being cooperative.

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
Last I heard - as of 4am the girls are in custody in Phoenix. Fortunately I at least got it secondhand rather than from Facebook. Nice to be loved. <grumble>

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YES!!!! GREAT news, Bruce!!! You must be elated!

HUGS to you, and to Jo, too! I know you were worried beyond sick over this!

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
I'm elated that she's safe and sound, but pissed that if my youngest daughter hadn't texted to ask, we would have heard on facebook.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Glad they are safe. Sorry they have to now deal with the Arizona justice system though :(

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I am delighted your grand daughter has been located and is safe. I'm sorry you had to go through such a horrifying experience.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, she's safe for now, until she gets home and you KILL HER for doing something like this... :D

The REAL thing now is to get to the bottom of who and/or what (probably who) messed with her head so badly that she felt she couldn't tell anyone about it, and she needed to run away... then reassure her that it isn't true, and the person to come to is you, or some other trustworthy adult family member.

THEN, of course, NOW I HAVE TO KILL YOU TO REINFORCE THE POINT THAT YOU JUST DON'T RUN OFF LIKE THAT... Next time friggin' tell me, and I won't have to KILL YOU...

That car is coming out of your allowance...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so relieved that they were found! Hopefully she is back home from Arizona soon.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm so glad to hear this Bruce! Great news. I'm sorry your family members are not letting grandpa in the loop as closely as they should. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly from here on out :)

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
She has to be in court today at 1:30 p.m. in Phoenix. And no Mommy and Daddy there to lean on. I heard that they probably won't press any charges, though.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers and support. What a great family we have here. :)

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
My daughter's words to everyone:

Kaitlyn was located in Phoenix AZ last night. Thank God a security guard at a Greyhound station contacted the police because he thought she was too young to be there at that time of night. Thank you all for sharing, praying, and helping us out in every way!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
So glad to hear that your granddaughter has been found safe and well. You must be so relieved.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank goodness that security guard was on the ball!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Bruce, was thinking of you today and hope things are in process to get your granddaughter home!! Hope the police are not being too difficult or harsh...

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
She came home Sunday night and my daughter took her directly to the hospital. She was not too thrilled to see people she knew, but went willingly to the hospital. From what I understand, she hadn't eaten or showered in 4 days. My guess is she didn't do much sleeping either. I have not been updated since then, so I don't know if she's still in the hospital or if she went home. Thank you for your concern :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm happy she is home as well, and hope that she is doing okay.

Most Reactions

Latest posts