My son turns 18 tomorrow! :)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I am so proud of this boy of mine. He is a well adjusted (if moody ;)) young man, excels at chess (local regional champ and 2nd in his age group in the country), kind and generous.

I think I did good :). I raised him alone since he was 1 year old and every day I am amazed that I could pull it off :D

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
YAY! Congratulations on having such a lovely young man as your son! :) You did very well! *hugs to you and a hand-shake to your son* Happy Birthday son-of-yours. :p

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Happy birthday to your son. Hope he has a wonderful day. You sound very proud of him and rightly so. You should also be proud of yourself to have brought up a wonderful son. :D

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I hate to tell you this, but the job's not over yet! LOL!

Happy birthday, son-of-Michelle! Hope you have a great day and give your dear Mum lots more reasons to smile. In fact: Happy birthday to both of you! :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Please wish your son a very happy birthday from Canada! Hope he has a wonderful day (and that you do as well!)
I cried like a baby when my daughter turned 18..

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Happy Birthday to your son! Wishing him the best as he transitions into adulthood :D

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
Happy Birthday to your son and a big "well done!" to you!

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Thanks guys :). He's playing in important tournament tomorrow so I hope he does well, I'd hate for him to loose on such an important birthday. He's not 'grown up' in all aspects yet though - he's been stuffing his face with birthday cakes and bakes that his granny made the whole day already and probably won't stop until it is all gone! LOL

His name is Raymond, by the way...but I call him Cockroach! Don't ask how it started, I have no idea why I'd call my dear child such an awful name but it has stuck ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Job VERY well done, Michelle! You ought to give yourself a REALLY big pat on the back. :)

Happy Birthday to your Young Mr. Michelle. :D

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Hahaha, not sure if he'll ever grow out of that.. I know if theres baked goods all for me on my Birthday, I'd probably do the same thing! What's weird is my almost 3 year old daughter MUST eat her cake neatly and slowly with a spoon... O.O no fingers, no hands, no mess. And it was nice creamy blueberry cheesecake too!

Cockroach? Ok then... ;) lol. Happy Feasting 18th Birthday Raymond! Nice name by the way :) it's not quite so common anymore, but i like it! ...My epic great uncle Ray might have something to do with that. ^^

Last edited:

Most Reactions