Mulawa's training

Delfin

Banned
Banned
Jan 26, 2014
Media
I'm finding that interacting/training Delfin first with Mulawa watching is working wonders. In fact she is copying Delfin in a numerous ways. Mulawa is not biting now when asked to step up. I put her biting down to her being young, scared and with strangers. Mulawa was still told no when she bit and was given time out. But with constant interactions, bonding, trust building and hand feeding by all of us, I believe that we have past these hurdles. :D

We are now at the point where we can put our hand inside the cage and ask her to step up without being bitten. The progress in the last 48 - 72 hours has taken leaps and bounds. It can only get better now. :D:D:D

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Congratulations, sounds like you've established a measure of trust with her...just remember that the trust should be ongoing and reinforced, not simply a one time learning experience.....

Good luck.....

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
That's great! So rewarding to see that kind of progress. It's really nice that Delfin is helping out with Mulawa's training.

Most Reactions