My Bella is a Boy

angeleden353

Jan 2, 2012
knoxville, tn
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon
Well i went and had DNA blood test done and come to find out Bella is a BOY!!! Luckily He had not learned his name yet, So we changed it to Toby!!Also I believe he is going thru 1st Molt, Im not sure anyone know how I can tell for sure!!

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
I have a 12 year old female turtle named Bob. I named her when she was a baby (before I could tell what sex she was) and by the time she was old enough to tell the name had stuck. So Bob she remains!

If he's molting, you'll know! Kazi's molting and I swear every time I scratch his head another half dozen tiny green feathers fall off of it! He's also dropped half his tail feathers and some primary and secondary flight feathers too.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
When I was living out on the farm, we had 3 goslings and I named them all incorrect, the only one that's a boy I give him a girl's name and the other two got boy names but it was too late...lol....

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I get it wrong about 100% of the time,(My hen nape Jake), my wife does a lot better. Amazons seem to have minor and major molts , Bella er Toby might be having just a minor molt and you should notice a few pins on his head/cheeks very soon.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
When I was 10 I got an Eastern Box Turtle and according to all the reptile books it was a boy. She had red eyes, and a lot of red, orange and yellow on her legs and head. The females were supposed to have brown or pink eyes and not be so brightly colored. Well, Max laid eggs. Of course everyone suggested I change her name to Maxine, but I just left her Max. I ended up having her for more than 20 years. She laid eggs one more time, and that was that. I also had a crayfish that I named Herbie, who was apparently pregnant when I got her. Next thing I knew she had all these eggs under her tail, and then I had at least 50 crayfish!

Obviously my Merlin was named before her previous owners knew gender. Hence adding the Ms in front of her name, lol! She seems to like being called Merloony or Loony Bird though, so that is what I call her.

We didn't know Pete's gender either. I thought, well, I hope he's a boy after being called one for 28 years. He's doing boy hormonal things though so I'm sure he actually is one.

Janey

Jan 18, 2012
Alberta, Canada.
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Blue fronted amazon
Congratulations on your boy! We found out yesterday that Zoey is a girl. I am really pleased as she says 'good girl' really clear, very loud and often, :D

OP
angeleden353

angeleden353

Jan 2, 2012
knoxville, tn
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon
Well my husband kept saying that's not a girl, it's a boy and sure enough, she is about 9 months old and he is still young.
Well this is his first molt and I feel prickly feathers on his head, how long does the 1st molt last? Alot of down feathers falling right now, no big feathers as of yet!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Well i went and had DNA blood test done and come to find out Bella is a BOY!!! Luckily He had not learned his name yet, So we changed it to Toby!!Also I believe he is going thru 1st Molt, Im not sure anyone know how I can tell for sure!!

Congrats, its always nice to know their sex, not that anything changes LoL
:grey:

Most Reactions

Latest posts