My first bird =D

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I found some old pics of Saphire, my first bird, and three of my siblings. I got her when I was 11 from a bad situation. A friend of my mom gave her to me because when the owner. Right home a new budgie and stuffed it in her cage, she tried to kill it.

Saphire had been caught only when she needed her wings clipped, kept in a tiny round cage, fed only seeds... and THE WINDOWS WERE ALL COVERED WITH BLACK GARBAGE BAGS TO KEEP OUT THE SUN!

She was completely wild but tamed down really fast (due to the fact that she was the ONLY thing I cared about in life besides my dog). She picked my littlest sister (at the time) as her favorite person. I'll put that picture last, along with a more recent picture of her stealing the love of all my pets -_-
b21260e290f0a301b963df7e3db82696.jpg

d2ab4c8f45504949e3b0be18f9a44b6d.jpg
5540c1b3bd5b1068e2cf64f2549a2b89.jpg
6fb8daf9a27d13aa49ad06bb6ab0c6ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
And yes I know Sapphire has 2 P's but I was 11 at the time...

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am charmed outta my MIND by your pictures...

I was GONNA say: YOU SHOULD START A SCRAPBOOK, but...

You just did. An online one. Back in '84, Rbird and I didn't have the 'net, but... we've gone online nowadays.

Well done!!!!!!!!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Sweet photos, Dani! Thanks for sharing the story of your first bird!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Continuing with Ellene stealing the love of all my pets; here we see Kaleo and Nohea (IRNs), Glorie (cockatiel) and Titan (GCC) all betraying me.
ba0f2c93426c677ce709e3aa35684e8d.jpg

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
LOL, this isn't quite the same thing, but this is what your last post reminded me of. I don't know if your sister is your best friend or not, but I find the comic is pretty fitting for family as well :D.

BestFriends_zpsuek9p8zg.jpg

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Lol! That's pretty much accurate! My sister actually lives with me though :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts