My garden....it's getting there

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Oh How pretty Wendy !! :) Love your planters [ Your good] . When I do flowers [I lose my head in those garden stores ] My dream [someday ] Is to have one of those vegtable gardens that produce so much you cant keep up .{wouldnt that be great :) ]But now I know my limits and would need a gardener with my garden . If I could only rope Dave into thinking it was his idea. LOL

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Your garden is awesome. I struggle with WEEDS. EEK. As fast as i pull, they come back. I have a lot of creeping charlie and this stuff that i think is 'dead fennel'?? yuck. That stuff grows like crazy. That being said, my lilies that i planted last year all appear to be growing really well. I can't wait to see when they bloom.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh How pretty Wendy !! :) Love your planters [ Your good] . When I do flowers [I lose my head in those garden stores ] My dream [someday ] Is to have one of those vegtable gardens that produce so much you cant keep up .{wouldnt that be great :) ]But now I know my limits and would need a gardener with my garden . If I could only rope Dave into thinking it was his idea. LOL

Thanks so much!! :)
Oh yes...vegetables, we grow them, too. But THAT is Alex's department (husband), I do NOT touch them unless I'm harvesting. ;) I "allowed" him to have 3 vegetable beds, which WOULD have been prime spots for roses...but hey, I can easily go overboard, too. :54:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Your Garden is looking beautiful Wendy:)

I will show some pics when I have planted mine:)

Thank you, Wendy. :)

I can't wait to see your garden pictures!!! You must SO be itching to get your beds filled. :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Your garden is awesome. I struggle with WEEDS. EEK. As fast as i pull, they come back. I have a lot of creeping charlie and this stuff that i think is 'dead fennel'?? yuck. That stuff grows like crazy. That being said, my lilies that i planted last year all appear to be growing really well. I can't wait to see when they bloom.

Thanks a million!!! :)

Do you struggle with weeds in your grass or in the flower beds? If it's in the beds, I suggest hand weeding them (I know, BIG PITA), and then heavy mulch. If it's in the grass, you can always resort to weed killer. :)

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
The weeds are bad in the beds. I do pull them and put down new mulch and was shocked how those suckers came back. I will keep pulling. I have some in the grass too so it could be spreading back to the beds.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Beautiful Wendy! Just absolutely gorgeous! Can you come and do mine! :D

I don't have a green thumb. I've had planters in front of my store for 2 past summers that didn't get filled. Then some friends of mine planted flowers in them for me last week! I think they were tired of seeing them empty! :D I'm so busy with everything else, I don't have time to do gardens unfortunately.

Thanks so much, Blanca! :)
Oh believe me, if you lived closer, I'd be RIGHT THERE. I LOVE playing in dirt. Wait...that didn't sound right, did it? :52:

LOL! I would think there is something very therapudic (sp?) about playing in the dirt! :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Very pretty!!!!! Your yard is beautiful!!! What's with that crazy fence thing in your neighbor's yard??? I've been working hard in my back yard too....There was no landscaping done in my backyard and we had the patio poured and the shed slab poured and built a 10x10 barn styled shed on the slab. It looks great!!! Then we started with landscaping. Got some pots and started planting my annuals too. The patio is full of helicopters right now from the storm we've had so it's not good to take any pictures right now....lol....It was hard work I tell ya but we got it accomplished.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Very pretty!!!!! Your yard is beautiful!!! What's with that crazy fence thing in your neighbor's yard??? I've been working hard in my back yard too....There was no landscaping done in my backyard and we had the patio poured and the shed slab poured and built a 10x10 barn styled shed on the slab. It looks great!!! Then we started with landscaping. Got some pots and started planting my annuals too. The patio is full of helicopters right now from the storm we've had so it's not good to take any pictures right now....lol....It was hard work I tell ya but we got it accomplished.

HAHAHAHA! Crazy fence thing. You got THAT right! I have NO idea. :(

Oh please take some pictures, Mikey...especially of your barn style shed. I LOVE sheds. :D I make sure and include ours in my next round of pics. It's nothing special, but I gave it some "color". :eek:

Helicopters? Do you mean the seeds of maple trees, birch trees, or dandelion seeds? (I'm a wee bit slow. :eek:)

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Tee hee, i call maple seeds 'helicopters' too. i have a huge maple in my yard and one good storm...yep, helicopter landing zone. LOL

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think it is a German thing all the landscaping in Germany is so beautiful;) looks amazing Wendy and I'm sure it will look even better with time to come. I am sadly not a flower person espically if they die seasonally I just can't get into the whole buy something and have it die and have to rebuy every year:/. I guess if you love your yard looking like that then you would do it!:)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here's some pictures!!! Yes Helicopters are maple seedlings... :)

20130312_173601_zpsee379cbf.jpg

20130312_150718_zps6685ddae.jpg

20130323_094043_zpsea1cc1ad.jpg

20130327_151110_zps26c170f2.jpg

20130408_192806_zpsf1da2b17.jpg

20130419_170217_zpscf07506c.jpg

20130422_193230_zps64690eff.jpg

20130422_193243_zps8325be32.jpg

20130422_194238_zps5ddf0543.jpg

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
All that work took about two months to accomplish....Still haven't got the shed painted yet as we were being lazy today, for the first time in a long time we actually lounge around watching tv and sitting on the patio with the dogs....I still need to take pictures of my flower pots and still working on my pallet planter. Later working on the flower tower....lol On top of working a lot and hand feeding babies and caring for all the animals. It never ends, now I have friends and neighbors that wants the BBQ party and mix drinks after viewing my pictures I posted on facebook....lol....

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Wendy, I hope you don't answer questions about yours with "...With silver bells, and cockle shells....." cause old Mary lost her head over her garden.......

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I think it is a German thing all the landscaping in Germany is so beautiful;) looks amazing Wendy and I'm sure it will look even better with time to come. I am sadly not a flower person espically if they die seasonally I just can't get into the whole buy something and have it die and have to rebuy every year:/. I guess if you love your yard looking like that then you would do it!:)

On the contrary, Justin! My annuals are minimal. The vast majority of my garden has perennials, which come back year after year. ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
All that work took about two months to accomplish....Still haven't got the shed painted yet as we were being lazy today, for the first time in a long time we actually lounge around watching tv and sitting on the patio with the dogs....I still need to take pictures of my flower pots and still working on my pallet planter. Later working on the flower tower....lol On top of working a lot and hand feeding babies and caring for all the animals. It never ends, now I have friends and neighbors that wants the BBQ party and mix drinks after viewing my pictures I posted on facebook....lol....

:eek: Incredible transformation, Mikey!! WOW!!! You did a phenomenal job in your garden.

I LOVE that shed!!!

If you lived closer, I'd be right over, cooler in tow. ;)

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know very little about plants so forgive my ignorance:p still looks amazing and so does yours mikey. If i took pictures of my beautfiully landscaped yard it wouldnt be because of me but the rest of the family lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts