My garden....it's getting there

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This one is for Richard (henpecked) ;) ...and no, he didn't meet his demise due to me or any other family members.
img6815w.jpg

One of my herbaceous peonies flower buds.
img6814sl.jpg

Side view of one part of yard
img6813i.jpg

Azalea starting her show
img6812l.jpg

Loved and lost...but never forgotten
img6811c.jpg

Our rain water catch basin/now also gold fish holder
img6810l.jpg

And lastly, the shed. Yes, I like purple... a lot! :D
img6809t.jpg

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
What a difference a couple of weeks make in a spring garden Wendy. Love the shed. Those peonies are really coming on strong.:)

SolarCat

May 6, 2013
PA USA
Parrots
Sunshine (Pineapple Green Cheek Conure)
That is a lovely garden. <3

I love gardening. Usually my balcony (I'm in an apartment) is fully in bloom this time of year, but I'm currently looking for a house and don't feel comfortable gardening only to move it later.

I love the purple doors on your shed! I love purple too. I actually have a plan that at least part of my garden will be different shades of purple flowers with yellow and white accents. There are so many gorgeous purple flowers to choose from.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
i have always thought a cute shed would be a wonderful addition. however when i bought my house a very functional and sturdy shed was on the lot already. so, i deal with it! maybe some day i'll upgrade it.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a difference a couple of weeks make in a spring garden Wendy. Love the shed. Those peonies are really coming on strong.:)

Isn't it incredible how fast everything shoots up??? My new tree peony is about to open. I will have my fingers and toes crossed that we don't have rain for a week straight, as that WILL ruin the flowers. :( The downpours are scheduled to begin this evening. :(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm just waiting for things to grow bigger like my front lawn. Everything have gotten huge. I have mainly perennials as this is the first year we decided to do annuals, well, we've had hanging baskets in the past. This year we did pots. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
By the way I LOVE your backyard!!!!! I'll be working on mine to improve it over time. A little bit at a time as we've got big dogs and they're rough on things....lol

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
By the way I LOVE your backyard!!!!! I'll be working on mine to improve it over time. A little bit at a time as we've got big dogs and they're rough on things....lol

Thanks Mikey! :) Oh yeah...the large dogs. We've got 2 bulls, I mean dogs (American Bulldogs) who regularly plow through EVERYTHING. :eek: They play SO rough, kicking up the grass left and right. Thank God they leave my flower beds alone though. :11:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Unfortunately mine won't stay out of the flower pots nor the flower beds. Already busting limbs here and there making me mad....they'll uproot plants too as they dug out trees before... I know they're crazy, they even chew down a bush down to nothing....lol...I've been going after them now days so they've been a tad bit better...cross my fingers....lol

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
LOVE the shed, I like purple too :D. I am COMPLETLY embarrassed by my lawn, front and back. We have weeds crowding the back and two different types of grasses . Last year the back lawn had some bald patches so my dad buyed some grass seed and threw some over the back yard. He didn't read that it was a different color. At first we had a dark , rich green, and now half the lawn is candy green :rolleyes: . Same with front, except not as much weeds and grass. I am EXTREMLY ashamed, I guess it's up to me now to make our property normal again. Love the lawn, jaw dropping. I am so jelly right now, humph.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Wendy I am getting inspired. I just bought some four o'clock seeds, nasturtium, cosmos bright lights, and lillyput zinnia, also some catnip seeds, can't forget Sasha. Time to start planting. I hope the rain holds off on your tree peony blooms. Have you given any thought to standing outside with an umbrella over the poor little tree:D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy I am getting inspired. I just bought some four o'clock seeds, nasturtium, cosmos bright lights, and lillyput zinnia, also some catnip seeds, can't forget Sasha. Time to start planting. I hope the rain holds off on your tree peony blooms. Have you given any thought to standing outside with an umbrella over the poor little tree:D

YAY Alison!!! :D

It's been POURING rain all morning, and of course the first bloom is just about wide open. BUT, I walked out there - yes, with an umbrella, and took this picture of my new tree peony bloom.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
yay!! it is lovely!!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
It sure is a gorgeous flower. Glad you got a picture:D

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
ok the creeping charlie....haha, don't judge me....this is last year when i first noticed it (i had black eyed susans over crowded in this bed, and pulled them but hadn't planted anything yet.....it FILLED IN with creeping charlie seemingly overnight and i've never been able to be totally rid of it since.) This bed is now mulched again, with a couple stepping stones and some lilies which are not yet in bloom but are nice and green. Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
Thanks for sharing the pics and videos. I love that one with the Cat? or is that your Dog in the statue with the moss and if that is the creeping charlie that formed the ground cover I think it looks really pretty.:)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
ok the creeping charlie....haha, don't judge me....this is last year when i first noticed it (i had black eyed susans over crowded in this bed, and pulled them but hadn't planted anything yet.....it FILLED IN with creeping charlie seemingly overnight and i've never been able to be totally rid of it since.) This bed is now mulched again, with a couple stepping stones and some lilies which are not yet in bloom but are nice and green. Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

WOW, that creeping Charlie sure is stubborn. :eek: I've had occasional outburst of it, and it's a HUGE pain in the neck to get rid off it. :( I keep digging it out, but it's SO very invasive, the roots just seem to go on forever, and they are so thin...like hair.

Perhaps you could use weed block in your planting areas???:20:

Most Reactions

Latest posts