cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Hello! Cosmo the birb again!

So I just put him on the table a moment ago and he reached for my finger and as I moved it away he did this hilarious head and body movement. I'm attaching the videos, apologies for my laugh but it was just too funny to me, I've never seen birds do this???

He is about 4 months old. I mean it doesn't look like hormones? But I guess I better check here.

Is he just being goofy or is it something else? It looks like he vomited something??

Thanks in advance birb parents!
-I

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-07-24 at 18.00.49.mp4
    2.9 MB
  • WhatsApp Video 2023-07-24 at 18.00.51.mp4
    2.4 MB
  • WhatsApp Video 2023-07-24 at 18.24.03.mp4
    2.1 MB
Last edited:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
LOL at the roll in the last video. Yeah, this is regurgitating, though a weird way of doing it 🤣 My bird does it sometimes too. If he's not doing it really often I wouldn't worry about it if he's not showing other hormonal behaviors as well. I do usually give my bird some dried Chamomile when I see her do this to try to help with her hormones.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
That looks like regurgitation (mating behaviors). What is in the air this year? These birds are all about getting their bow chicka wow wow on.

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
LOL at the roll in the last video. Yeah, this is regurgitating, though a weird way of doing it 🤣 My bird does it sometimes too. If he's not doing it really often I wouldn't worry about it if he's not showing other hormonal behaviors as well. I do usually give my bird some dried Chamomile when I see her do this to try to help with her hormones.
thank you! he is a bit nervous and bitey these days i guess that's why. we keep him occupied with playing and training a lot, and he eats a nice diet of veggies fruits and seeds. any advice for what to do if he gets too hormonal? we usually just put him in his room and leave him alone if he is too aggressive.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
thank you! he is a bit nervous and bitey these days i guess that's why. we keep him occupied with playing and training a lot, and he eats a nice diet of veggies fruits and seeds. any advice for what to do if he gets too hormonal? we usually just put him in his room and leave him alone if he is too aggressive.
Does he eat pellets as well or just seeds? I personally only give my GCC seeds as a training treat or hidden in foraging toys. Seed is a very high value food item and too much can be fattening. Because it's so high value I like to use it to encourage foraging. Fruit is good but too much can cause a spike in hormones. I like to do a veggie chop and give fruits as little treats here and there.

As for other things to help regulate hormones: make sure he gets a solid 12 hours of sleep every night and don't use huts or tents in the cage. Avoid any type of toy that create a dark, enclosed space that could provoke nesting behavior.

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Does he eat pellets as well or just seeds? I personally only give my GCC seeds as a training treat or hidden in foraging toys. Seed is a very high value food item and too much can be fattening. Because it's so high value I like to use it to encourage foraging. Fruit is good but too much can cause a spike in hormones. I like to do a veggie chop and give fruits as little treats here and there.

As for other things to help regulate hormones: make sure he gets a solid 12 hours of sleep every night and don't use huts or tents in the cage. Avoid any type of toy that create a dark, enclosed space that could provoke nesting behavior.
we give seeds only as treats during training yes, and he mostly eats veggie chop and as for fruit an occasional blueberry every few days ( or raspberry, apple, etc)
i've been telling my mom we need to get pellets but we can't find them anywhere in our country. we'll probably try to order them

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
aww awww awwwwww!
That's all I could say when he rolled over.
:love: how cute

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Bird is fine......enjoy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts