My IRN

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Not sure of a name but if it was a boy I was going to name it Jack, but we had been calling it that anyway.

Attachments

• IRN.jpg
    IRN.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 345

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
pretty bird is Jack a boy? if he turns out to be a girl just call him Jackie :)

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
He has lovely colours! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
very pretty bird:)

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Does anyone know how unusual one having both green and blue on them is?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

SparkkiSparkS

Nov 14, 2011
SC
Parrots
2 Plum Heads. Indian Ringneck. Hahns Macaw <3
He is beautiful! All ringnecks I've been around seem to "bow" when they want to play or have their head rubbed. As far as the blue and green color goes, I belive that means he is green "split" blue so could have blue or green babies? Im still learning the genetics myself. My girl is white (albino) and her brother looked just like him. :)

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I think they are called turquoise Indian Ringnecks. : )
Very pretty :D

Ditto this!

The only mutation that shows up visually when the bird is split is pied, and it does not show up in all species. Budgies and cockatiels have the tick marking most often on the back of their heads indicating being split pied.

So... for a bird that's visually blue and green in that manner indicates that they are a par-blue mutation... neither green nor blue, but turquoise or aqua - mutations that are in the middle! It simply means that yellows, reds and oranges will be reduced, so the bird will appear more blue in coloration, however, those yellows, reds and oranges are still there, to a lesser degree. You end up with blue-green birds or seafoam green or some other color combo in the middle.

freedwithwings204

Sep 2, 2012
United States
Parrots
1 year old Cinnamon Turquoise Indian Ringneck and a 10 year old TAG. (RIP Sydney, my silly 60 year old TAG, we miss you dearly)
Your IRN is almost exactly the same color as my little guy! Like my little Socrates he seems to be a cinnamon turquoise/ blue mutation as well. So if it is the case, the two colored feathers thing is just the mutation.

Attachments

• Socrates 1:4.jpg
    Socrates 1:4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 475

Most Reactions

Latest posts