My non-feathered friends

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Gracie, my kitty, the little devil (some of the time)
DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

yes she is a asleep on the back on my boyfriend's neck in the computer chair; she does it all the time (by far not the weirdest sleep position)

Peeka and Boo... who think Gracie was put on this earth for thier entertainment.
Picture061.jpg

Picture065.jpg

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
awww ferrets are just too cool! I probably will never own one though I used to want one so bad but you have to be so carefull with them and birds :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
They are so wonderful, I love the one of your Kitty sleeping on the back of the chair. :D :D

Yep you need to be careful with ferrets and birds, but then cats and birds, cats and dogs, cats and fish, I have them all, except ferrets, and never had a problem. Thankfully. Never having Ferrets, I'm not too sure what you can do with them, but I'm sure they must be trainable, :confused: to know that bugging the birds is not acceptable.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
:02: I have read a lot about how trainable ferrets are but these little stinkers came in to our home late i n the game, so there is a bit of trining issues.

as for the conficts the ferrets are the most dangerous to the cat and the bird. They have tougher skin, stronger jaw and a fearless nature (like taking a flying leap at the cat from the top of the stairs. :eek: I have heard stories about ferrets getting a hold of a pet bird and shredding it to peices. thats instinct for ya. Well just so you all have a peice of mind (and for my self) My cag and the ferrets will never meet, let alone be in the same room at any given time. (yes they have there own rooms)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm sure that no one thinks you would ever be putting your baby in any danger. Even though my lot here get on with the all the birds, I would not trust them 100%

Although I think Bucc is more of a problem for the cat and dogs. :D :D :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Oops, only me leaving my dogs alone with my 'kids'!:eek: My pitbull and mongrel live in a house with too many doors open and birds all over the floor. Yes my birds do walk around on the ground, the tiels just wont stay on top of anything so to avoid accidents to their chest of anything they scramble around on the kitchen floor, under the dining table.

Kodie usually climbs on something, he's the only one i dont leave alone with the smaller fids. But my dogs, well they are always around my birds and the guinea pigs, and their cage is open on top.

But heres what i wanted to say, love cats but mom wont let me have one and with the pigs and fids, well not worth the risk i guess! Your kitty is beautiful, love her, she is so adorable, hope to get my own siamese or rex cat oneday!

mygreyparrot

Dec 26, 2006
I love your ferrets! I have 8 of them right now. They were mostly rescues. They have their own bedroom, so they are separate from my Parrot.

Most Reactions