Can't wait to get my little sun conure! [Update: arrived!]

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Update some pictures of the test......Pawpaw's bones are alright but stomach is bleeding. Hope he will get better!View attachment 51922View attachment 51923View attachment 51924
I hope Pawpaw is okay! Make sure you take him back for any recommended follow up appointments to make sure the bleeding stops. Birds can't lose too much blood without it affecting them.
Any special foods recommended by the vet that are easy on his stomach?

JinPicaJest

May 12, 2023
Parrots
Jingo - Cinnamon GCC
Picasso - Pineapple GCC
Court Jester - BCC
Thank goodness you have access to such a thorough vet. I think chances are great Pawpaw will be better soon! Pawpaw sounds delightful.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I hope Pawpaw is okay! Make sure you take him back for any recommended follow up appointments to make sure the bleeding stops. Birds can't lose too much blood without it affecting them.
Any special foods recommended by the vet that are easy on his stomach?
Thank you! Yes I am going to the vet again next Saturday to see whether he or she stops bleeding. Pawpaw is starting to eat by itself, but the vet advices me to feed him using the syringe myself. I was nervous when I first do this, but thanks to the vet now I know how to do it. Now I am feeding Pawpaw the food for hand feeding baby parrot which the pet store used to feed him. I am not sure how to call it in English, its like the liquid diet. The drugs and also added. I also brought proobiotics online but it haven't arrived yet

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
祝他早日康复。 请务必遵循医生的指示! !!
谢谢!我会遵循医生的要求。我将一周后去医院复诊,希望他会好起来。

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Thank goodness you have access to such a thorough vet. I think chances are great Pawpaw will be better soon! Pawpaw sounds delightful.
Thank you! Although pawpaw is in illness he is still happy to be next to me. Hope he can get better soon!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Thank you! Yes I am going to the vet again next Saturday to see whether he or she stops bleeding. Pawpaw is starting to eat by itself, but the vet advices me to feed him using the syringe myself. I was nervous when I first do this, but thanks to the vet now I know how to do it. Now I am feeding Pawpaw the food for hand feeding baby parrot which the pet store used to feed him. I am not sure how to call it in English, its like the liquid diet. The drugs and also added. I also brought proobiotics online but it haven't arrived yet
That's great! Just make sure you feed Pawpaw VERY slowly with the syringe. If you push too much food into his mouth at once he can inhale the food and die.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
That's great! Just make sure you feed Pawpaw VERY slowly with the syringe. If you push too much food into his mouth at once he can inhale the food and die.
Thank you so much for your reminding! Sure I will be very slow and careful when I do this.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Pawpaw is so cute! I wish him or her a very speedy and full recovery 💜

Zeyrox

Jun 24, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure: Yuko
Sun conure: Rio
Do you mind me asking what's the name of the pet store you bought your sun conure?

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Do you mind me asking what's the name of the pet store you bought your sun conure?
It's called Yingda, and its location is in Hainan China. However, I do not advice to buy parrot there because they only offer a small delicate cage for transport

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Pawpaw seems to be much better now! He or she's poo becomes better and pawpaw also plays more! Vet says now he can start to eat the adult parrot food now if he wants, and Pawpaw eat some. Pawpaw are able to now fly to my hand yesterday, I am so happy. I plan to revisit the vet this sunday to see whether Pawpaw's stomach stops bleeding. If it stops, I can play with Pawpaw together everyday! Now I just let Pawpaw rest in the cage for most of the time however he wants to go out and play with me. I hope that I can stay with him more in the future.
1687838199361.jpeg

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
How is Pawpaw doing?
Pawpaw seems to be much better now! He or she's poo becomes better and pawpaw also plays more! Vet says now he can start to eat the adult parrot food now if he wants, and Pawpaw eat some. Pawpaw are able to now fly to my hand yesterday, I am so happy. I plan to revisit the vet this sunday to see whether Pawpaw's stomach stops bleeding. If it stops, I can play with Pawpaw together everyday! Now I just let Pawpaw rest in the cage for most of the time however he wants to go out and play with me. I hope that I can stay with him more in the future.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Pawpaw looks so cute! It must be hard not to play with him all the time while his stomach gets better.
Tell us about his cage. It looks like it's made of acrylic wirh bars on the sides. I really like acrylic cages and have them for most of my budgies. It looks like you need more toys in his cage. Are you getting more, I hope?

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Pawpaw looks so cute! It must be hard not to play with him all the time while his stomach gets better.
Tell us about his cage. It looks like it's made of acrylic wirh bars on the sides. I really like acrylic cages and have them for most of my budgies. It looks like you need more toys in his cage. Are you getting more, I hope?
Thank you! Yes it s hard to stay away from him. The one side of the cage is made by glass. I think its quiet similar with the acrylic, providing clear views for both parrot and human. There are three toys inside the cage, most of them are hanged at the top of the cage so had't been taken in that photo. But I think you are right, I need to get him more. I will order more toys online for him.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Paw paw looks like such a sweet little bird. I am so glad to read that he’s doing better!

Most Reactions

Latest posts