nasal discharge maybe?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
lol true...

I HATE travelling with her because I have to tape the windows of the car in the backseat (or she flaps when we get on the highway if she can see out).
Then she acts like she is near death after the vet every time (maybe from the stress--but she acts super lethargic post-visit and that is stressful)
...It's a long drive by myself and in the winter, it is so hard to regulate the temperature in the backseat of the van (where she is) because it is totally different from the temp in the front...It is exhausting...and it is cold outside SO I have to turn the heat off, then on, then off, then on...and it's hard to tell whether it is too hot or cold where she is.

She just is acting so normal... AND it's a lot of money to get her checked (plus gas). That is why I am on the fence (given the fact that she has no symptoms of any kind at the moment).

Also, this has been the week from hell for other reasons and I was hoping to get some things done around the house. UGH!

Warning, the following is pure Humor and not intended to be a serous recommendation, etc, etc, etc...

I am shocked that you do not have the latest and greatest HRH Auto Transport, which provides full climate control of Noodles personalized travel area. And, to not have blackout windows for Noodles to view the underling's is unheard of... Serious upgrade in her proper transport must be correct and very soon!

Back to Normal Response Status! :D

If you are not seeing any continuation in like problems or other issues. Stay Home and Keep Everyone Warm and Happy!!!

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
lol true...

I HATE travelling with her because I have to tape the windows of the car in the backseat (or she flaps when we get on the highway if she can see out).
Then she acts like she is near death after the vet every time (maybe from the stress--but she acts super lethargic post-visit and that is stressful)
...It's a long drive by myself and in the winter, it is so hard to regulate the temperature in the backseat of the van (where she is) because it is totally different from the temp in the front...It is exhausting...and it is cold outside SO I have to turn the heat off, then on, then off, then on...and it's hard to tell whether it is too hot or cold where she is.

She just is acting so normal... AND it's a lot of money to get her checked (plus gas). That is why I am on the fence (given the fact that she has no symptoms of any kind at the moment).

Also, this has been the week from hell for other reasons and I was hoping to get some things done around the house. UGH!

Warning, the following is pure Humor and not intended to be a serous recommendation, etc, etc, etc...

I am shocked that you do not have the latest and greatest HRH Auto Transport, which provides full climate control of Noodles personalized travel area. And, to not have blackout windows for Noodles to view the underling's is unheard of... Serious upgrade in her proper transport must be correct and very soon!

Back to Normal Response Status! :D

If you are not seeing any continuation in like problems or other issues. Stay Home and Keep Everyone Warm and Happy!!!

You have to adapt her to car rides. Baby was like before as she would panic in car, but I just had someone else drive and held her and she would panic still, but not as nearly as much as I would talk to her and claim her down. Then she started looking around without panicking and then she started sitting on my shoulder and eventually she got use to it. It took her about a week. Now she enjoys car rides and even waits till I step out of car before she step down and then goes poo. As soon as we go in car she goes right up to position on shoulder like clockwork. Yes she does go in carrier on longer trips.

She knows where the vet is as soon as we get out and she see building she hides behind me as we are walking in, once we are inside she fine till it her turn, but she says Hello to almost everyone walking in the door. Cooper on the other hand stays claim and one of the veterinarians love him as she take him and let him ride on her shoulder.

Last edited:
OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
She's fine with car-rides--- she just doesn't like to see the scenery flying by.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I understand being on the fence considering logistics and cost in the absence of obvious signs of illness. Judgment call, wonder if there is a compromise after speaking with the vet - did they call back with advice?

If you must take her to the vet, will she tolerate having the cage mostly covered to alleviate taping the windows?

Most Reactions

Latest posts