Need Help Finding Cage

littleparrotlets

Sep 23, 2019
United States
Parrots
Female American Blue Parrotlet.
Male Turquoise Peid Parrotlet.
Male Black Headed Caique.
Hello! I have two parrotlets, and Iā€™m looking to find a cage that has a divider to help with space. I bought one, but I need to return it, because it has no bars to hang toys, and the top isnā€™t flat (I thought it had a flat top with a pointed top as just design/aesthetic). So it isnā€™t going to work for my birds.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can look for cages that have a divider in the middle with places to hang toys on both the bottom and the top? Itā€™s not a big deal if the bottom one doesnā€™t, because I can work around that, but I definitely need one that has a flat top that I can hang toys for. I looked on Amazon, and I mostly just found ones that were side by side and too small for my birds. Thanks in advance! Also Iā€™m sorry if this has been posted somewhere! If it has, could you please link me? Thanks again! :greenyellow:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
could something like this work? You REALLY would get way more space and bang for your buck if you bought 2 separate flight cages...You are going to get far less space and pay more for a cage with a divider. It will also be harder to find something large enough that still has bar spacing appropriate for parrotlets.

I guess you could look into something like this, but again, you will spend WAY more than if you just got 2 really nice flight cages. Despite the fact that they (your birds) are small, they do need AS MUCH space as you can possibly give them--horizontal matters more than vertical but you do want them elevated off the ground...and this example (below) is much smaller than what you could get with standard flight cages, plus, it costs more.

shopping

Here is a link to where I found this : https://www.google.com/search?q=A%26E+Double+Flight+Cage+with+Divider&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLVT9c3NMwwMMixLCkoe8RowS3w8sc9YSn9SWtOXmPU5OIKzsgvd80rySypFJLmYoOyBKX4uVB18vxiFAjILyjNSSxSKCjKTylNLinuYGVaxKrsqOaq4JJfmpSTquCWk5meUaLgnJieqlCeWZKh4JJZlpmSWnSA9U3jvd_r35z7FXyAdcGnf3cfLni54ivjAdamDat_Tbu69ft6IPvuuns3rr86ucnoAOvh6Ufmf5u77PQzoPD1e-3z1jycN9_sAOvZx4-er1p1e0_UAdZX0-_N_Nc_9ZfPAdbdk99tmbey7aflAdatfTta7h_b_-8gUF_vp_f_21ds31p2gHXOpHcr2o62br4KFO5b0vZm1auO3YkHWCf-Wbe3YfqGM4pAxRvX7J-5e88foBnPjn_v6Wk_88n8AOvrDWuPfG-e1reN8RabJIPW1Cqu1Oxvn_dJ3W709fqRd2C1rejuWIccAO_0yBhlAQAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjt__Kim9TwAhUHOs0KHTJ6AcQQlr4CegQIIhAG&biw=1600&bih=786

^ it's the "
A&E Double Flight Cage with Divider"

Covering individual cages is also FAR easier than covering a divided cage, due to the fact that most commercial (breathable/blackout) covers are not intended for cages so small but so wide.

make sure that the cage-top of whatever you get (dome, flat etc) is wire-- some have a shelf on top which jacks with their light cycles and increases the odds that they will become cage aggressive, hormonal, neurotic etc. Adult parrots shouldn't have access to shadowy spaces unless breeding is the goal and it can have significant behavioral impacts when said access is granted.

Some places also sell dividers separately, but again at $150 for a divider (or with the up-charge for getting a cage with a divider) you would be better off with 2 cages, as it will give them more space for a better price.

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
What part of the country are you in? The price you see on a particular cage varies wildly! In my area, I have seen the same cage for $360, going for $190 at a shop 20 miles away!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
birdcages4less.com

Assembly tip: place the cage together 'upside down' on bath towels of carpeting. Also assure that your Parrots help with the assembly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts