Need some advice--- again!!!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
The first thing that came to mind was from the egg. Did her inside pop out from her cloaca??? If it does you must push it back in! Be watchful of her. She should be taken off from breeding cause if all that happened to her it would kill her next time.

mike....she is not one of my breeders she is my pet....I guess you missed that part;)

and no she does not have a prolapse....just the membrane came out.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I did a quick read through. Sundays is the busiest day at work so it takes me awhile to respond....As long as she did not have a prolapse she's in good shape. But on the next egg you need to watch her carefully. This usually happens on their first egg or they've lay too many.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I did a quick read through. Sundays is the busiest day at work so it takes me awhile to respond....As long as she did not have a prolapse she's in good shape. But on the next egg you need to watch her carefully. This usually happens on their first egg or they've lay too many.

ok, thanks.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Yuck.:( didn't this happen a few months back to one of your finches (minus the blood)? I remember a pic of a clear egg with just a membrane holding it together. I hope she recovers from this.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
yup it did, but this is a little different.

the canary I only had just a short time, and she laid the membrane.

Tundra I've had 3+years.....can't wait to see Evan tomorrow.

on a good note, Tundra has improved, she is no longer puffy, and I hand fed her 4cc's of hand feeding formula.

but she is still pooping blood....sorry to be gross!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hopefully she just needs to 'clear herself out' so to speak and that it's not like she's actually bleeding.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You seriously need to think about doing a cleansing! That's way too much stuffs happen to you in a row like this.....

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
OMG I would of freeked out!!!
That poo sort of looks like a half developed chick but no shell.
I have no advice that I can give accept good luck and I hope your bird gets through this.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
You seriously need to think about doing a cleansing! That's way too much stuffs happen to you in a row like this.....

I know!!, I think I'm cursed by demons....seriously!!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
OMG I would of freeked out!!!
That poo sort of looks like a half developed chick but no shell.
I have no advice that I can give accept good luck and I hope your bird gets through this.

when you breed you see all sorts of things!!, trust me I never like it, but you get use to it, but it gets emotional at times:confused:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Tundra will be in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry the chaos is not ending for you. :( Its got to get better at some point. I'm praying for good news tomorrow! Hugs!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
I fear you all are thinking the worst of me. :(

But I promise, I think I am cursed or something.

I've been breeding just 5 years, I have NEVER had any serious issues with any of my parrots up until a few months ago, I honestly have NO explantation for any of this.

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
Wow I would have freaked out if I saw that. I feel so bad for you. I really hope she'll be okay.. :(

Good luck and best wishes

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots

I've been breeding just 5 years, I have NEVER had any serious issues with any of my parrots up until a few months ago, I honestly have NO explantation for any of this.

Oh sweet, not a single incident that has happened has been your fault. They've all been accidents or just something that happens! Tundra was not a breeding 'tiel and so certain things that you'd look out for in breeding hens are not something you need to be so vigilant about in your pet hens! AND the fact that you are so vigilant in your hens, regardless of pet/breeder, means you spotted the issue pretty fast and know what you're doing!

She'll make it to Ethan tomorrow, she's got a good momma and she'll be just fine. I think you're one of the best parronts on here, you've got a buttload of different types of birds, you're experienced (probably an understatement...) with health issues, with breeding, with hand feeding, etc. Being an all round good parront. So no, I don't think anyone is thinking "Crimson... what a bad mom."

Crimson is one of the best momma's on here because every little bird that comes through your doors has stolen a piece of your heart and it's obvious with every thing you do for each one of them.

So basically, shutup, you're great. Tundra will be fine. xxx

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots

Oh sweet, not a single incident that has happened has been your fault. They've all been accidents or just something that happens! Tundra was not a breeding 'tiel and so certain things that you'd look out for in breeding hens are not something you need to be so vigilant about in your pet hens! AND the fact that you are so vigilant in your hens, regardless of pet/breeder, means you spotted the issue pretty fast and know what you're doing!

She'll make it to Ethan tomorrow, she's got a good momma and she'll be just fine. I think you're one of the best parronts on here, you've got a buttload of different types of birds, you're experienced (probably an understatement...) with health issues, with breeding, with hand feeding, etc. Being an all round good parront. So no, I don't think anyone is thinking "Crimson... what a bad mom."

Crimson is one of the best momma's on here because every little bird that comes through your doors has stolen a piece of your heart and it's obvious with every thing you do for each one of them.

So basically, shutup, you're great. Tundra will be fine. xxx

Oh Mayden, that is exactly what I needed to hear, now I have tears in my eyes....thanks for the vote of confidence:p

ok I'll shut now:rolleyes:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Glad to hear ;)

I'm off to sleep now but I hope for an update asap tomorrow. Hope you both rest well!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/

Oh my gosh Beth. Please don't feel that way. We all know you are a great parront. None of this is your fault. You have to know that. You have just had the worst run of bad luck. It will get better. Hang in there. Accidents happen and you don't always have control of the outcome. You do all you possibly can for all your fids! You go above and beyond. We all know that!

Last edited:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
I added to my last post. Not sure if you saw the last couple of sentences. :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thanks Blanca....I know ...I get obsessed when things go wrong with any of my animals,....and yes I saw your added comments....very sweet.

I just feel like I've let them down somehow....it's been a rough couple of months, I don't know how much heartbreak I can take.

I am so turned off of birds right now, I have never felt this way before.
I have absolutely no interest in getting another bird any time soon, except maybe to replace Safari....kind of thinking about that one....

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Give your heart some time first. I poured budgie after budgie into the hole Wonsy left but there is still a huge Wonsy sized hole in ny heart. Noone will replace Safari and I think you need to do the whole "stages of grief" things first. I skipped that and forever regretted it.

I really must go sleep now. Chin up xx

Most Reactions