Nelson updates!

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
first 2 pictures are of the day I brought Nelson home. The last picture is last week. He is really chattering now and when he gets tired he wants to sit on my chest and nap. And he likes to follow me around the house. I just love him!

IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1322.jpgIMG_1323.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
first 2 pictures are of the day I brought Nelson home. The last picture is last week. He is really chattering now and when he gets tired he wants to sit on my chest and nap. And he likes to follow me around the house. I just love him!

View attachment 52926View attachment 52927View attachment 52928
Welcome to the family, Nelson!! Oh @Tanglwood02, he's just gorgeous, such a beautiful colour! 😍 How are he and Sugar getting along? Two of my roosters, Jem the cockatiel and Lovejoy the lorikeet unfortunately do not get on so well, and they can be a real handful to manage! I hope Nelson and Sugar have struck up a friendship 🤞

OP
Tanglwood02

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
Welcome to the family, Nelson!! Oh @Tanglwood02, he's just gorgeous, such a beautiful colour! 😍 How are he and Sugar getting along? Two of my roosters, Jem the cockatiel and Lovejoy the lorikeet unfortunately do not get on so well, and they can be a real handful to manage! I hope Nelson and Sugar have struck up a friendship 🤞
They still hate each other! When they are out I have to keep a close eye on them. Nelson actually flew into Sugar's cage one day! That was a close one!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
They still hate each other! When they are out I have to keep a close eye on them. Nelson actually flew into Sugar's cage one day! That was a close one!
Oh that's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that :( Lovejoy and Jem originally liked each other but things have deteriorated more recently - I must've just been really lucky to date cos I've never had a pair who don't get on the way these two don't. Although it must be said, it was Peach who actually hurt Lovejoy when she nipped him a bit too enthusiastically on the toe a while ago, and she LOOOOOOOVES Lovejoy to pieces!! A little bit too much maybe - how does that old song go, "you always hurt the one you love"? :rolleyes:

Most Reactions