Pawpaw's Diary

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hello everyone! I am Pawpaw, a teenager sun conure. Right now, I am staying in my house and feeling bored. I hate that vet, why did she say my human friend needed to leave me alone to rest for a week? A WEEK? I want to play with my friend! There are toys in my house, the swing is quite fun, but those colourful beads and balls seem a little bit scary. I am not saying I am timid, you know, maybe I just need more time to deal with them. But get back to the point: I am quite bored and want to do something. Maybe writing a diary and posting it on the internet is a good idea. I can record my life and make more friends at the same time!

I had a look at this forum and found that most threads and questions seemed to be posted by humans. Are there any parrots looking at this forum right now like me? Nice to meet you! Also happy to meet so many human friends!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Is it better for you to know what I look like? emmm...... I found some interesting photos on my human friend's phone. Actually, I like that one where I stood on her head, but she seems to not like to show her face on social media. Alright, let me upload the one that my human friends like most (though I think I am quite silly in this photo).
微信图片_20230623000143.jpg

Last edited:
OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Oh I just can stop myself to put that picture on the forum! Its the first time I stood so high, and its recorded on the first day when I met my friend. She seems to like me, doesn't she?
I think I can make a cover on her face.
1687952763270.jpeg

I did that successfully! Isn't that cool?

Last edited:
OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I think I have covered her face successfully. Hope she won't get angried. By the way, I think my human friend also knows this forum, so would you please do not tell her my diary? It will be embrassed if she see my daily recording, and I may not alway praise her, so please don't tell her. But I am really looking forward to your reply!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome Pawpaw! I think you did a great job covering your human's face, and you look very proud of your height accomplishment!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Welcome Pawpaw! I think you did a great job covering your human's face, and you look very proud of your height accomplishment!
WOW! You are the first reply that I have ever had online! Nice to meet you!Are you a human or a parrot?
You are right, I am quiet happy and proud, because its the frist time I fly so high and stand on a human's head! My human friend seems to be quiet surprise and happy too, but she prefers me stand on her hands than her head. Maybe she doesn't notice that her hair is eaier for me to grab than her fingers! Maybe I can try to land on her shoulder next time.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
WOW! You are the first reply that I have ever had online! Nice to meet you!Are you a human or a parrot?
You are right, I am quiet happy and proud, because its the frist time I fly so high and stand on a human's head! My human friend seems to be quiet surprise and happy too, but she prefers me stand on her hands than her head. Maybe she doesn't notice that her hair is eaier for me to grab than her fingers! Maybe I can try to land on her shoulder next time.
Hi Pawpaw! I'm a budgie and my name is Rocky. My humans raised me from an egg and thought I was a boy but I fooled them- I'm a girl! I'm almost eight month old now but they still call me Baby Bird- they say I'm always going to be their baby, whatever that means. All us baby birds like to sit on our humans heads! I hope your human plays with you soon and gets you lots of toys. I hate being bored, too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_111922840.jpg
    IMG_20230531_111922840.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Pawpaw! I'm a budgie and my name is Rocky. My humans raised me from an egg and thought I was a boy but I fooled them- I'm a girl! I'm almost eight month old now but they still call me Baby Bird- they say I'm always going to be their baby, whatever that means. All us baby birds like to sit on our humans heads! I hope your human plays with you soon and gets you lots of toys. I hate being bored, too.
Hi Rocky! Nice to meet you. You are so pretty! I am only 2.5 mouths old, and I do not know my gender yet. Its so nice that your humans love you so much! And you are right, all baby birds like to sit on humans heads. It is a wonderful place! I think my human wants to play with me, but the vet said I am in" stress response" and stomach bleeding after travelling, so I need to rest without interupt. But I think I am fine and I want to play! I also have to have some strange tasted drugs everyday because of her. So sad.
For toys, I haven't had toys before so they are all new to me. Now I quite like swings, but unsure how to deal with others. Are there any toy that you particular like?

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Maybe I will introduce myself more. But where shall I start?

OK, my hometown. It is a little bit embarrassing that I only knew the name of my hometown before I left it. It's called Hainan. A hot and humid place. My Human friend said it's a large tropical island that is surrounded by beautiful beaches, but I have never seen the beach or sea. I was born in an incubator, which means I never knew my parents either. But the good thing is that I have many friends. Lots of peers, born together! We slept together, ate together, and pooped together. There were no toys in my cage, but I never got bored because I was always with my friends. There are also many other kinds of parrot babies, such as lorikeets; their cage is next to ours, so we often chat. There are also big guys! For example, macaws and cockatoos have really loud voices! And they also eat lots of food. The syringe that feeds them is far larger than the syringe I used. But they are very kind, actually. Oh, there are also many African greys.

But I know that we cannot always stay together. Most parrots are being sent away after they learn how to eat by themselves. This also happened to me. I was picked and shown under the camera, and the next one is my friend. The next day, I was being picked again, and the number on my verve was recorded. I knew that I was being chosen by someone.

Will he or she be nice to me? What will my new home be like? Am I able to make more friends in my new home? I was excited but nervous at the same time. A week later, I left my hometown, which they said was Hainan, and started my first Journey.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
That's me before the journey. My human friend wanted to see me so my breeder took several pictures. Do you see my wings? They are full of feathers which means I can fly! I was thinking that I can fly to my new home myself if I got the GPS.
(I know I am nervous at the first picture, but I am much better now
1687963525396.jpeg
1687963392960.jpeg

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi Rocky! Nice to meet you. You are so pretty! I am only 2.5 mouths old, and I do not know my gender yet. Its so nice that your humans love you so much! And you are right, all baby birds like to sit on humans heads. It is a wonderful place! I think my human wants to play with me, but the vet said I am in" stress response" and stomach bleeding after travelling, so I need to rest without interupt. But I think I am fine and I want to play! I also have to have some strange tasted drugs everyday because of her. So sad.
For toys, I haven't had toys before so they are all new to me. Now I quite like swings, but unsure how to deal with others. Are there any toy that you particular like?
I like small balls that I can Puck up with my beak and throw off my cage and watch my human mama pick up so I can do it again, and again! Drives her crazy but I love it! Today Mama let me play wirh one of her other kids. His name is Beau and he's so nice and good looking too! And he likes me a lot! I'm so happy to have a nice Mama and fun toys and my new friend Beau! We have to live in separate cages because Mama doesnt want any more baby birds.
20230628_104324.jpg

Attachments

• 20230628_101648~2.jpg
    20230628_101648~2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 19

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I like small balls that I can Puck up with my beak and throw off my cage and watch my human mama pick up so I can do it again, and again! Drives her crazy but I love it! Today Mama let me play wirh one of her other kids. His name is Beau and he's so nice and good looking too! And he likes me a lot! I'm so happy to have a nice Mama and fun toys and my new friend Beau! We have to live in separate cages because Mama doesnt want any more baby birds. View attachment 52156
I was born in an incubator too! I weighed only 2 grams when I was born but Mama fed me a lot and I weighed 50 grams less than four weeks later!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I like small balls that I can Puck up with my beak and throw off my cage and watch my human mama pick up so I can do it again, and again! Drives her crazy but I love it! Today Mama let me play wirh one of her other kids. His name is Beau and he's so nice and good looking too! And he likes me a lot! I'm so happy to have a nice Mama and fun toys and my new friend Beau! We have to live in separate cages because Mama doesnt want any more baby birds. View attachment 52156
WOW! Happy to see you with your toys! The balls seem to be very nice, I have something similar but I haven't try it yet. I will absolutely try it and ask my human friend to play with me! Please also give Beau my regards.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Hi Pawpaw! My name is Ona and I'm a Conure too!! Your colors are very bright! It will take me a little time to get used to seeing such a bright bird. My mom is teaching me colors but I don't know all of yours yet. I think we would be great friends if we could meet. I also love to sit on my mom's head. Isn't it so fun being that tall? Especially when your human walks you around while you are on their head - why should I bother flying when my human can take me places?

It sounds like you found a great new home and I am so happy for you. I remember how much everything changed when my mom brought me home. Before you know it you will feel very happy with your new flock.

Anyway I better go - mom gets so mad at me for playing on her keyboard. I just love to snap off those little keys. But little does she know I can type too! I better go before she sees me.

img_4396-jpeg.49680

Last edited:
OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I was born in an incubator too! I weighed only 2 grams when I was born but Mama fed me a lot and I weighed 50 grams less than four weeks later!
You are so little when you first born. It must be very hard for your mama to take care of you, and it looks like that she has done a great job sucessfully!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
You are so little when you first born. It must be very hard for your mama to take care of you, and it looks like that she has done a great job sucessfully!
I made it easy for mama because I had a huge appetite right away and loved the formula she fed me. She let me eat out of a spoon so I wouldn't choke and she fed me every 2-3 hours. I didn't have any brothers or sisters so mama gave me stuffed animals to cuddle with in my incubator. I still share my cage with my stuffies even though I'm all grown up now.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Pawpaw! My name is Ona and I'm a Conure too!! Your colors are very bright! It will take me a little time to get used to seeing such a bright bird. My mom is teaching me colors but I don't know all of yours yet. I think we would be great friends if we could meet. I also love to sit on my mom's head. Isn't it so fun being that tall? Especially when your human walks you around while you are on their head - why should I bother flying when my human can take me places?

It sounds like you found a great new home and I am so happy for you. I remember how much everything changed when my mom brought me home. Before you know it you will feel very happy with your new flock.

Anyway I better go - mom gets so mad at me for playing on her keyboard. I just love to snap off those little keys. But little does she know I can type too! I better go before she sees me.

img_4396-jpeg.49680
Hello Ona! Nice to meet you! I feel so happy to meet a friend from the conure family. You are so beautiful! I think sun conure have bright colours like orange after mature, but I am only a teenager so I still covered with green right now. I really love your colour! Your already have many bright yellow colours, which is very pretty! I also love the silver colour on your head.
Yes its nice to stand on human's head: its a wonderful observation platform and a free bus. I will try to do that again next time hhh
Keyboards are quite insteresting! I love to hear the voice when my human friend typing and the way she moves her fingers: its like dancing on many small blocks. But I think you are right, you should leave soon in case your mom find you. See you next time!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I made it easy for mama because I had a huge appetite right away and loved the formula she fed me. She let me eat out of a spoon so I wouldn't choke and she fed me every 2-3 hours. I didn't have any brothers or sisters so mama gave me stuffed animals to cuddle with in my incubator. I still share my cage with my stuffies even though I'm all grown up now.
You and your mom are all so good! I grow up in a pet store which is crowded with baby parrot, so I was fed by a syringe to reduce time. It makes my friend some trouble to use that

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi PawPaw! My name is Salty, I am a Yellow SHoulder Amazon. There ain't many of us left on the small island where I am from, so the ol' man has to take special care of me! He thinks I am smart, but he doesn't know I am really smart. He has me doing stupid tricks at night, but when he is asleep, I take his car keys and go to the bird store, break in and steal treats! Shh, don't tell anyone!

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Hi Paw paw.
I am actually the only human on this site because my birds are still learning to type.

But here Primor wrote you a secret message:
bpahto;jol;sekl;tgjklshvbo?

I think he wants to know why the vet said your human can't play with you for a week?

Most Reactions