new and have questions

birdlover55033

Dec 27, 2011
Hastings, MN
Parrots
two female cockatiels, Girly Girl and Dillon
Hi,

I am new here (just signed up about thirty minutes ago). I have two cockatiels and the weekend of January 6th I am getting a pair (male & female) of green ring-necked parakeets.

I am 26 years old and have had birds since age 12, traditional parakeets:greenyellow::whiteblue::blue2: (probably more than thirty over the years with breeding and rescues), I had a rescued lovebird for a short time (may 2011-christmas 2011), and currently have two cockatiels (gurly gurl:grey: and dillon:grey:). Dillon's former owners thought she was a he :D. Thier daughter went off to college and couldn't take her with. Gurly Gurl is from a highschool friend that didnt have time to give her the attention she needed.

I also have two sons (5 years and 3 years old) and foster ferrets for Ferret Freedom Sanctuary here in Minnesota. This all on top of going to college part time and volunteering four hours a week at Midwest Avian Adoption Rescue Service.

Anyone have any advice for me on my new ring neck parakeets? There is only one at MAARS and he is not very people friendly.

Andrea

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Hi and welcome to the forums...

Are you getting baby ring necks? Or a pair as in breeding pair?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our wonderful forum
You are definitely going to enjoy the forum, so many awesome members, always willing to go the extra mile.
Ps... we love pictures !!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts