New Cage Covers

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I used to cover the small parrots in the winter because I thought it kept them warmer overnight, but not in summer in order to keep them from getting too hot. We don't have air conditioning. Last fall I never got around to start the winter covering and they seemed to like waking up on their own when it got light enough in their room. I don't cover my starling because she panics. Rocky 'Too, however, expects and demands a cover promptly at 8 p.m. every night and since he's in the living room, where we are and the TV is, I cover him. He can pull the cover off if he wants to, and has done so some mornings, but I think he must like having the privacy and darkness.

Must be a 'too thing as Plum is the same and sometimes even during the day he will ask for his cover. Occasionally I go peep underneath and he is having a private party under there with his toys! :)

OP
Holly the U2

Holly the U2

Apr 17, 2015
Phila, PA
Parrots
Holly - U2
lol
hes made one on every cover, i expect it will happen on one of those days I sleep in alittle.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
We havent had any pics of Stewie and Holly for a while, would be pleased to see them again. LOL

OP
Holly the U2

Holly the U2

Apr 17, 2015
Phila, PA
Parrots
Holly - U2
Holly being spoiled, he loves to lay on her back. She will actually fall asleep.

Last edited:

MrsBigE

Oct 19, 2016
Media
Pickerington Ohio
Parrots
Sun Conure
Umbrella Cockatoo
Wow!! This really made me stop and think about my desire to custom make and embroider
Cage covers for my U2. He's not even out of the nursery yet and I've been planning to make the patterns and the covers then do machine embroidery on then with his name and
and a cockatoo on the front. Sounds like it would be a wasted effort. Glad I saw this before I started.

MrsBigE

Oct 19, 2016
Media
Pickerington Ohio
Parrots
Sun Conure
Umbrella Cockatoo
Wow!! I had plans to custom make covers with their species and names embroidered on them but after seeing this I'm rethinking exerting all that time, energy and money into something that's literally going to be destroyed from the get-go. These look kind of fitted so how do the birds do so much damage with so little access? Anyone have better luck with the type that are made more like a loose tablecloth?

Most Reactions