New Conure Momma

jtaylor1594

Aug 24, 2017
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have found this site extremely helpful! I am a new momma to a 2 month old baby GCC. Just brought him home yesterday. So far he has been extremely reserved and in n out of napping all day(very fluffed) and has only nibbled on some food. He has not been opposed to me holding him, though I want to give him space to get used to his environment. I have never owned a GCC and was wondering what is normal behavior, eating, sleeping like, especially as a baby/new bird in our home. I'm probably a bit paranoid, but I cant help but think something could be wrong and wasn't sure what is normal. Does anyone have advice or tips to give our GCC the best home/health possible?
Thanks again!

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Is your baby hand-feeding? 2 months seems awfully young to be away from mom.

GlitchTown

Mar 3, 2017
Parrots
Skye, Cloud, Beep, Lilac - American budgies
Yeah, 2 months does seem a bit early. I took Sammy home at 4 months, by then he ate food with no problem and was very active.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I agree I don't know about a bird that young.....in the future expect outgoing behavior and a take charge attitude that will make you subservient. Green cheeks are highly manipulative, I wouldn't be surprised if he's setting you up for the long con already.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
2 months can be a bit young but maybe he was an early learner with food. the fact he has eaten some of his food in your sight is good, you may find he eats when you're not in the room, mine did that at first. I could hear him going at his seeds as soon as I left the room.

He's probably exhausted from the stress of the move, just go at his pace. If he wants to come say hi then let him, if he wants to chill out for a day or 2 then that's fine too

Most Reactions

Latest posts