Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
He's a beauty. I love how they just sleep wherever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
He is Adorable Julie. Ive only known two handtame budgies in adulthood my friends pair Custi and Gelato that I used to babysit before they moved to the UK and they were really big into cuddles but I didnt know them at Chips age so perhaps they go through stages of independence before they become cuddle bugs again I dont know but a hand tame should remain pretty tame as he grows up...I dont know how Elsa was raised but she is also big into her cuddles...it tiok her a couple of days though (best part of a week ) to start to snuggle though ...I bet Chip will also look for cuddles as he grows up... he is Adorable...so glad all the vet tests came back okay.

Chip has gotten more independent and skittish all of a sudden since he's growing up (happens so fast in budgies!), but hopefully he'll regain a bit of trust again. I'm just about to move him out of quarantine, but still have some finishing touches on the cage.

I think whether a budgie remains snuggly into adulthood depends a lot on their individual personalities, and most don't, as "parakeet" species usually don't. My late Twigs got to be where he understood and obeyed verbal commands, but he never wanted to be touched. One I got at the same time as him was much more easily tamable.

You have a wonderful girl in your Elsa, as I don't think most (especially new ones) are like that. My Mink is a handfed, and while she will step up when asked to, she prefers not to be handled at all.

Chip is a cutey. I like budgies too. They can be fast fliers. Congrats.

Thank you :). I absolutely love budgies. I only discovered them a few years ago, after having parrots for a long time.

He's a beauty. I love how they just sleep wherever.

Thanks Tracey ;). He always cracks me up, he's so cute.

Most Reactions

Latest posts