carol27

Dec 21, 2012
Media
Albums
San Francisco Bay Area
Parrots
1 Citron Cockatoo
Hi I'm Carol--Sidney's mom. Sidney is a twenty year old Citron Cockatoo.
When it's warm enough he has free range of my fenced in garden (due to a birth defect he is missing about 4 flight feathers on each wing, so he cannot fly). He's probably a bit spoiled, as I work at home. I would love to teach him tricks But in spite of watching some videos, I'm not quite sure how to begin. He does know how to wave bye bye though. :white1:

Attachments

• sidney.jpg
    sidney.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 104

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hey Carol and Sidney, welcome to the forum.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum:)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Have you had a vet to check his wings? I take it you were told about the feather defect....Sometimes do to clipping birds can chew the feather all the way to the base to the point they would never grow out unless being pulled out. I have experienced this on several occasions in the past plus with Willie. Another thing is IF the parents had chewed on the wings during growth and caused permanent damage, in which I've seen that happen too as one of the babies I've raised had that happen and the tip flight feather never grew out when the feathers were coming in. He was able to fly without issues.

Most Reactions