new turquoise parakette owner

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Welcomeeeee to the forum have you thought about getting him a buddy so he wont get bored while your
at work

OP
Chirpy

Chirpy

Jan 16, 2020
Media
Australia
Parrots
Turquoise Parakeet - Grinchy
Welcomeeeee to the forum have you thought about getting him a buddy so he wont get bored while your
at work
Thankyou
I did have the option of getting 2 from the breeder but chose to get the 1 as I rent. I only work 3 days so keep the radio on for her when I’m at work and am usually home the other days.

When I’m work is when I give her the snacks.

If I do go out it’s only for a short while to do a few errands.

I also have a Japanese quail but she’s an outside bird and lives in the garage but I out her outside when I’m home. I got her a couple of years ago from my parents (was petsitting their quails, fell in love with this one so they let me keep it lol).

Last edited by a moderator:

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
I've been breeding Turquoise parrots for a while now
Basically corn, mung beans, spinach and apple plus small parrot pellets and egg and biscuit mix are the main snacks for them
Members of the Neophema aren't big fans of fruits, because they are naturally a ground dwelling bird, and too much fruit is bad for them anyway as it gives them a sugar high, but instead when you feed vegetables and a little slice of apple, it gives them plenty of energy throughout the day.
Best wishes with your new feathered friend, if you have any more questions feel free to PM me
Thanks
Noah Till
Thanks Noah
So far only thing she’ll eat is apple but I only feed her a little bit twice a week. This was suggested by my coworker not to give her apple more then twice a week. She didn’t like corn or spinach / salad mix but I’ll keep trying her on the corn as I often feed left over corn to my quail.

Would it be good idea to mix the vegies in with her seed to see if that will encourage her to eat them?
I got some Brussel sprouts today so was going to see if she’d eat the leaf if I chop it up and put it with her seed.
Thanks again

I would recommend just to keep the veggies in a separate dish
Thanks
Noah Till

OP
Chirpy

Chirpy

Jan 16, 2020
Media
Australia
Parrots
Turquoise Parakeet - Grinchy
I would recommend just to keep the veggies in a separate dish
Thanks
Noah Till
Great
thanks Noah, thats what i was doing had a seperate bowl for the vegies and greens i was trying her on.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts