Newbie to Macaws - Rescued my babies

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
OP
mafiadanes

mafiadanes

Oct 5, 2015
Media
Maryland
Parrots
Whiskey (Shamrock Macaw), Baby (Scarlet Macaw), Pretty Bird (Cockatiel)
JerseyWendy, that WAS the photo I was referencing :) Thank you. I did take them to the Vet and all seems well. Vet believes it was just because I gave Baby food that he/she wasn't use too and it was like a treat so Baby went to town. I'm in the Glen Burnie area but lived in Huntingtown most of my life. I had my Moluccan Cockatoo when I was in Huntingtown. Miss that baby...

OP
mafiadanes

mafiadanes

Oct 5, 2015
Media
Maryland
Parrots
Mark, AWESOME stands! I hope you don't mind, but I'm printing out your pictures for some assistance. I know what I'll be doing this weekend! I love the cargo net idea!!!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
JerseyWendy, that WAS the photo I was referencing :) Thank you. I did take them to the Vet and all seems well. Vet believes it was just because I gave Baby food that he/she wasn't use too and it was like a treat so Baby went to town. I'm in the Glen Burnie area but lived in Huntingtown most of my life. I had my Moluccan Cockatoo when I was in Huntingtown. Miss that baby...

So you are near my daughter and her family. I have a huge PVC play stand that I would be happy to give to you. I need to come to your area to pick up my Kindle (left it at my daughters) so i could drop it off (maybe stay long enough to put it together for you). It's yours if you want it but if you aren't into PVC that's okay too.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I've been using cargo nets for 15+ years. They are not optional around here. My birds are very, very active on them... they're all over the place on them.

And I've been using the bird room concept for about that long as well. It keeps the mess contained, and you can usually train them to stay put. If there are people/other animals over that you don't want around your birds, you just close the door.

OP
mafiadanes

mafiadanes

Oct 5, 2015
Media
Maryland
Parrots
JerseyWendy, thanks for the diet info. Love all the photos. Your mix looks better than my own salads that I eat! :)

OP
mafiadanes

mafiadanes

Oct 5, 2015
Media
Maryland
Parrots

So you are near my daughter and her family. I have a huge PVC play stand that I would be happy to give to you. I need to come to your area to pick up my Kindle (left it at my daughters) so i could drop it off (maybe stay long enough to put it together for you). It's yours if you want it but if you aren't into PVC that's okay too.

Thank you so much for the offer :D I think PVC would be the way to go for cleanliness and longevity. I'm going to try my hand at designing something for them myself first but if I completely screw it up, I will definitely take you up on that offer!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland

Thank you so much for the offer :D I think PVC would be the way to go for cleanliness and longevity. I'm going to try my hand at designing something for them myself first but if I completely screw it up, I will definitely take you up on that offer!

Ok - it was fun making it but I just don't use it anymore.

Most Reactions