Newest photo of midnight

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Aw Midnight is beautiful! I love the babies, You're not too excited are you?!:52:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
What a sweet face. Beautiful baby:)

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Midnight looks amazing! She's quite a beautiful B&G :)

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Cami, way way too excited, its horrible being apart from her for so long, up until recently we have been able to see her almost every week since she was a chick.

Aliray, thank you kindly

Plax, thank you kindly as well. We had the choice of three in the clutch, we pulled them all out and played with them all, she choose us. The other two weren't interested in us but she would come to us and try and be big and strong it was just too cute.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Plax, thank you kindly as well. We had the choice of three in the clutch, we pulled them all out and played with them all, she choose us. The other two weren't interested in us but she would come to us and try and be big and strong it was just too cute.
You're welcome. It sounds like her behavior is as cute as her appearance :eek:. I'd say you certainly did the right thing in allowing her to select you! That's very cool :)

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
[/quote]
You're welcome. It sounds like her behavior is as cute as her appearance :eek:. I'd say you certainly did the right thing in allowing her to select you! That's very cool :)[/QUOTE]

Yeh we did think about choosing but then decided it would be better to let them choose. It was extremely cute, the other two would just sat there all shy and disinterested, whereas when she saw me she would growl lower her head and try to charge, remembering this was about 60days old. It was then we decided she was the one.

Just cant wait till we can bring her home, i know we have our whole lives together but the waiting is an absolute killer.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Narkissios said:
Yeh we did think about choosing but then decided it would be better to let them choose. It was extremely cute, the other two would just sat there all shy and disinterested, whereas when she saw me she would growl lower her head and try to charge, remembering this was about 60days old. It was then we decided she was the one.

Just cant wait till we can bring her home, i know we have our whole lives together but the waiting is an absolute killer.
I have no doubt that you can't wait... but the time will finally arrive and your life will then be forever changed for the better :D

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
What a beautiful little girl, I think Fargo has a little crush :54: !
I love their short tails, just wait until that grows super long and she turns around when shes sitting near you and you get a face full of tail feathers :09: :p

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
She looks more like a sunrise than a midnight...but she is beautiful all the same.

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Tab, maybe one day they can meet, so ive been told macaws are one of the few birds that can travel around aus.

Goalerjones, midnight is her demeanor, she is very mischievous and a trouble maker. She looks gorgeous but she has a darker side, hehehe

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Beautiful, I agree tab. Even though I don't have a macaw, I always get ticklish when my 2 budgies tails start going up my arm and shoulder. I love blue and gold macaws. My mom is always saying that '" why did you waste money on 2 small birds ? Why didn't you get those scarlet whatsits at the petstore ? " thinking about this gives me a idea about a thread .

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Oh Yes, Midnight is a gorgeous lady! But then I think all macaws are gorgeous.

No, I'm convinced, she is Super Gorgeous!! Very inquisitive & interested in what's going on around her. That girl is gonna be hard to keep still! LOL

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Birdlover11, thank you

Turquoise, thank you, yes she is going to be a handful and a half, but she will be well socialized with ppl and pets plus we will both be doing training with her so it should keep her active mentally.

BeakersBro

Dec 27, 2012
Parrots
Beaker: Cape Parrot
not long for our baby now.
I don't understand. Are you saying she is a baby, but not for long; or are you saying she is pregnant, and going to have a baby soon?

Either way, she looks like a very nice parrot

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I loved your videos of the younger Midnight and that adorable one of her interacting. The picture you put up is so adorable. Such bright eyes and feathers such and intelligent and cute face! Thank you so much for sharing her development with us.

I can understand your excitement of being able to bring her home. It took us a year and half to get Valentino and his homecoming was very much anticipated and filled with joy. After we got home with him and I took him out of the carrier for the first time I cried. He was flown to us from Texas and he didn't even know who I was but he stepped up for me and I was able to hold him. Lupe had filmed the homecoming but I am too embarrassed to upload that particular clip because I am crying.

You will be so overwhelmed with joy and happiness when Midnight comes home. I can't wait to see your post about her homecoming.

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Hey noblemacaw

I actually have about 45mins of video footage, i'am working on a growing stage video, given we saw her weekly or f/nly. I figured ppl might be interested in seeing the whole thing. So soonish ill stick it up. When i do ill link it.

But yes even when we would see her at the breeder we would almost cry its so overwhelming to see her come along develop and remember who we are. Watching her test her wings for flying, growl at me cause she can etc, its just so awesome.

Take care and speak soon

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Thank you Narkissios,

I love that macaw growl. Valentino does it and I giggle. He is trying to be such a big grown up RFM it cracks me up. It only took him days to learn my trill sound I make for the parrots. All my boys made my special trill noise when they were cuddling with me. It is hard for me to describe what the noise is. Kind of like a purr but my sister said it sounded like the Predator in the first movie when it was hunting. LOL

Most Reactions