Notification feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
I had no idea until I posted this thread. Look back at the previous replies. Holy cats, they took that exchange down. I said I thought Greys were the top bird and then somebody replied with "no, these are the ones talked about." And by the way, you posted that you did not think the little ones were given the same amount of attention.

So any bird other than Greys will be ignored? This is entirely untrue. I do feel that small birds are greatly under appreciated, but they are still talked about a little on this forum. But you have cockatoos, so it isn’t just about size.

Oh I love this, you are the one who complained about the little ones not getting the same amount of attention, and when I agreed with you, you threw me under the bus.

Annoyed-cat-via-Shutterstock-615x345.png

As I said before somebody, (other than myself) actually comprised a list of four of the most talked about birds on this site. And guess what? Neither yours or mine made the cut.

Actually, one of mine did make the cut. Conures were mentioned, and I have a green cheek conure. But that doesn’t mean that every bird other than eclectus, amazons, greys, macaws, and conures are always ignored. I just said that I wish more owners of small birds would join.

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
No, I don't understand the selective reasoning behind answering a post due to a certain species of bird. That would be like putting up a post about my collie and expecting somebody with a pug not to understand.

Some questions about birds transcend all species and can apply to all.
Other questions are species specific.
Some answers will apply to all bird keeping.
Other answers will be species specific.

With your aforementioned 'dog' example.
If you are posting a question asking about the best way to scoop your collies poo - any dog owner could have input that would be relevant.
If your question was about a behavioural aspect of your collie such as it attempting to herd your neighbours ducks, someone with a pug may not have any input or experience that would be relevant to your question and their opinion could be based on no information or experience and be of little practical use.

Sometimes people feel more comfortable / feel they may have a more valid opinion in response to a question where more aspects of that question parallel with their own first hand experiences.

I think I'd always prefer a smaller number of more accurate responses rather than a high volume of misguided responses :D

OP
eagle18

eagle18

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Umbrella, a Bare Eye, and two budgies.
I’m on Tapatalk and I look through “unread” and “participated.” I never sort by forum. In theory I should see all of your posts. But since my whole bird experience is with my one Parrotlet, who’s been with me less than a year, I might not have anything to add. Also I’m on Tapatalk beta release so sometimes it’s glitchy.

You sound angry that you haven’t been engaged as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not near as angry as when being called a troll by YOU on another post.

Here's a helpful tip, Inger. Trolls are people who offer no help or input to the post they are replying to.

I gave the person who was looking for a certain type of bird a link to a site that is all about that bird.

I also gave her a link to another site to HELP her broaden her search.

What have you done? NOTHING.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Alright, guys and gals. Alright. Enough. I'm calling this one. As eagle18's query has already been answered, this thread has fulfilled its purpose. At this point, it's degenerating into a cafeteria food fight... an unnecessary and less than constructive use of a bird forum.

We are all members of the Parrot Forums family. We should endeavor to treat each other with all the due respect that implies. As so many seemed unaware of the Notification feature, I'll see about posting a thread on it using an adapted version of the post I made earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts